GreaseSpot Cafe

God is being sued

BikerBabe

News article about God's lawsuit here

This is good stuff. Once you read the article you will understand why this state senator decided to sue God, but what struck me as I read thru it was the amount of work he actually had to put into it. You will read how he got all the angles covered, even the explaination why he couldn't serve God with the legal paperwork.

I think Senator Chambers did a fine job and is proving his point about all the frivolous lawsuits that are tying up our courts these days. I would have loved to have pasted a copy of the article here, but due to copyright laws, I felt it best to just give the URL and let you all go read it there on the link provided by the CNN website where I found it.

Happy reading. :)

News article about God's lawsuit here

This is good stuff. Once you read the article you will understand why this state senator decided to sue God, but what struck me as I read thru it was the amount of work he actually had to put into it. You will read how he got all the angles covered, even the explaination why he couldn't serve God with the legal paperwork.

I think Senator Chambers did a fine job and is proving his point about all the frivolous lawsuits that are tying up our courts these days. I would have loved to have pasted a copy of the article here, but due to copyright laws, I felt it best to just give the URL and let you all go read it there on the link provided by the CNN website where I found it.

Happy reading. :)

I wonder who is going to serve the papers

I have been following the court case of the woman who was told by the judge handling her sexual assault case, that she couldn't use the words 'rape' and 'victim' in her testimony. I am not sure how any woman could proceed with such a case, when the judge won't allow words that need to be used to describe what happened. When I saw the Senator's way of showing how crazy our system is by letting anyone file a lawsuit, by suing God, which in turn can really hurt true cases, such as the poor lady who was sexually assaulted, I wanted to share it with everyone here. While it has a serious side, it has a funny side as well.

Papers don't have to be served to God in this case Garth. There's a paragraph that shows how he got around that when filing the case. It says: "The suit also requests that the court given the “peculiar circumstances” of this case waive personal service. It says being Omniscient, the plaintiff assumes God will have actual knowledge of the action." LOL. I think that's a combo of Creative Writing 101 and Bible 101.

Personally I think the senator really had to put some thought into how he utilized words in the case paperwork, in order to get around things like having the papers served to God. He did an excellent job. While I did find the link to the article on CNN, the article itself is on a local TV news site for Omaha, Neb. I do not know how long they keep their articles online, so I did make a copy of the entire artlice and saved it to a text file. That way if it disappears quickly, anyone who can't view it via the link and wants to read it can just ask me for a copy and I'll be happy to send it to you. :)

While the case that lead the Senator up to filing this suit is tragic, I hope this article about him suing God gave y'all a smile.