GreaseSpot Cafe

California Burning ...

rhino

I just noticed I chatted on the prayer room on this subject ... so thought I'd throw up a thread to just chat ...

My cousin is visiting and got a couple calls from her daughter who evacuated near Torey Pines ... now is maybe evacuating again ...

it looks pretty bad ... another day of wind coming it seems ...

there is some live blogging ... anyway ... WOW

here is one ...

kc-fire278810x154.jpg

I have cousins in Ramona, which, according to the news, was pretty much wiped out today. They were evacuated at 4am this morning and only had time to grab the essentials (photo albums and pictures) before being rushed out of the area. Other cousins from Malibu had already been forced to evacuate and were at their house. Now they are all on what they hope will be their final evacuation to yet another cousin's house.

They don't know jack about what's going on with their homes and it's rather unsettling. I am praying fervently for them and all those in the So Cal areas.

It got pretty intense here in my neighborhood in Stevenson Ranch for a while today. We were advised to "shelter in place". I found out it means to stay inside. There are mandatory evacuations in place a few blocks away.

Here are some pictures:

Sunset:

post-2964-1193106906_thumb.jpg

The view from the front of my house:

post-2964-1193107136_thumb.jpg

It got pretty intense here in my neighborhood in Stevenson Ranch for a while today. We were advised to "shelter in place". I found out it means to stay inside. There are mandatory evacuations in place a few blocks away.

Man, that is way too close ...