GreaseSpot Cafe

Young man's suicide blamed on mother's cult

GT

The suicide of a young man and the murder he committed before he killed himself are being blamed on a cult led by his mother.

Also disturbing, former members who spoke to CNN say they witnessed Ricky Rodriguez having sex with his mother, Karen Zerby, the leader of the sect now known as "The Family International."

Young man's suicide blamed on mother's cult (cnn.com).

Of course, there is an ex Family International site:

http://www.exfamily.org/index.htm

Long lost brother of Victor Wierwille?

Actually, these people were quite active in the Ft. Worth area when I was a WOW there in 1974-75. Their comic-book style booklet, "The Flirty Little Fishy," was put into my hands as I waited for a red light to change and I of course handed a pamphlet of my own right back to the raggedy little girl who "blessed" me with it.

I was horrified. Tenderhearted and naive, with no idea what went on in the inner sanctum of TWI, it broke my heart that these kids were being so duped. Ironic.

We had some trouble while they were hanging around, handing out leaflets and selling flowers on street corners, explaining that we were not them.

WG

In high school i dated a boy who had a twin they were both involved in a car accident his twin a girl needed blood to survive they being jw denied it and she died.

the guy i dated was absolutely tormented by the thoughts of God. ya know it lasted well into his 20's and then we lost contact but how can these parents justify that?

to me it is nearly murder of his sister and a good chunk of his sanity. i will share when I love my children it isnt because they are "born again" or go to a certain church or even believe in a God. it is because i love them.

does Jesus loves us any less or I think so much more.