GreaseSpot Cafe

Did you take others with you?

Imagine

We we joined The Way we volunteered.

We did not volunteer to leave.

But when we left, we decided not to take our fellowship out with us.

We could have called and talked with them and shared with them about what happened to us, but we didn't.

Today some are still in and some are out.

We let them come to us when they were ready and ask us why we were kicked out.

I wonder what our reasoning was... mostly selfish I suppose.

We had carried them for so long....

And when we were reeling in pain and trying to figure life out from the roots, we just needed to be on own.

Just curious...what did you do when you left.? Did you encourage others to leave with you?

I wish I'd know the truth about why other people left instead of just hearing the whitewashed twi spin on the cop-out's motives, misdeeds or devil-spirit possession. I've uncovered the truth to a small extent over the years and made peace with some people. when I left I only told a few people why, but I wasn't in the mood to have innies try to talk me out of leaving. I took my kids with me. it was still months before I could overcome the shame enough to admit to my closest friends that I'd spent 20 years in a cult.

Potato,

Your wrote,

"getting over the shame of living 20 years in a cult"

Be proud!

The characteristics of cult personalities types are highly intelligent, seekers, loyal and committed to a cause.

Nothing to be ashamed about.

Say it loud and say it proud...I'm x-way and won't have it any other way!

I would write more about that but I'm on my way to a counseling session...:)

Potato,

Your wrote,

"getting over the shame of living 20 years in a cult"

Be proud!

The characteristics of cult personalities types are highly intelligent, seekers, loyal and committed to a cause.

Nothing to be ashamed about.

Say it loud and say it proud...I'm x-way and won't have it any other way!

I would write more about that but I'm on my way to a counseling session...:)

strangely, I'm finding that normal people don't look down on me for my cult experience. it was quite a surprise after all the condemnation in twi, I'll tell ya! it still took a while to be able to talk about it with my therapist. boy was I shocked that she understood where I was coming from!

I am proud to be x-way. I survived and got out. that's saying a lot.

strangely, I'm finding that normal people don't look down on me for my cult experience. it was quite a surprise after all the condemnation in twi, I'll tell ya!

I am proud to be x-way. I survived and got out. that's saying a lot.

I have also found this to be the case... it takes a big weight off your shoulders when you tell that first person and they don't condem you right off the bat!!!