GreaseSpot Cafe

Finally took the leap and updated my profile

danteh1

Just wanted to let the members of GSC know that I finally updated my profile and added a picture of me.

Now since I don't have a digital camera yet, and don't use my webcam online, I thought that I would use my webcam to take a picture of myself to add to my profile.

Please be nice, I know that I don't take a very good picture as I used to when I was in High School or when I was in the service ( I was a lot younger then and had a lot more hair that wasn't as grey as it is now ).

I added it to let you all know what i look like and to let the people lilke Littlehawk know what I look like now about 27 yrs after TWI.

Here's a funny story, danteh 1

A couple years ago I popped into a "Mom and Pop" kind of BBQ joint to pick up some carry-out for lunch.

The gal who waited on me was a total stranger but her voice sounded just like the voice of someone I had known 15-20 years ago.(I don't remember names too well, but I never forget a voice.)

I went in there several times again and each time we made small talk as I waited for my order.

I marveled at how much she sounded like this person.

One day, she said, "Hey!, are you "waysider"?"(Using my real name, of course.)

Yep, you got it. It was , in fact, the same person.

I never would have recognized her in a million years had she not spoken.

Apparently, I wasn't all that recognizable either.

Life is funny, though, ain't it?