GreaseSpot Cafe

whole foods

dakotawind

I hope that many of you have found a WHOLE FOODS Supermarket near or coming soon into your town.

Like everything else, it's time to make positive changes.

Whole Foods offers a variety of wholesome food choices, organic, natural, or combination of organic and natural.

There are differences in our food supply in case some haven't noticed.

Take the time to seek out, plan to cook, and make delicious, the neutriceuticals that ultimately make our bodies more resilient to disease, our brains function properly, and our energy soar so we can function properly.

Perhaps you have another store nearby, and Whole Foods hasn't gotten there by you yet....fine.

What do you love to buy at your healthy market, and how do you prepare these natural foods....will you share with us?

What's your favorite snack?

What's your fav lunches, dinners, etc., to make - alla naturelle?

I hope that many of you have found a WHOLE FOODS Supermarket near or coming soon into your town.

Like everything else, it's time to make positive changes.

Whole Foods offers a variety of wholesome food choices, organic, natural, or combination of organic and natural.

There are differences in our food supply in case some haven't noticed.

Take the time to seek out, plan to cook, and make delicious, the neutriceuticals that ultimately make our bodies more resilient to disease, our brains function properly, and our energy soar so we can function properly.

Perhaps you have another store nearby, and Whole Foods hasn't gotten there by you yet....fine.

What do you love to buy at your healthy market, and how do you prepare these natural foods....will you share with us?

What's your favorite snack?

What's your fav lunches, dinners, etc., to make - alla naturelle?

Do you work at Whole Foods?

There are several of their markets in the Phoenix metro area (where I live). There are also Trader Joe's; Sunflower Farmer's Markets; and Sprouts Farmer's Markets.

I do go to Whole Foods, but they are generally more expensive than ANY other store for groceries. But they have SOME bargains/good prices. Trader Joe's doesn't do bulk items (at least not here) but usually have good things, many of which are organic, for generally pretty good prices. Sprouts and Sunflower do a good job with fresh produce most of the time and I get bulk oatmeal from either one, depending on where I happen to be that day (if I'm driving by or near one of them anyway). Since I spend $60-$75 dollars/month on fuel but seem to get fewer miles out of it every year and sometimes every month.

Of course, one can often see footage taken in a Whole Foods store on Food Network shows... probably some kind of promotional deal to get discounts on the food they use in the shows.

They have an incredible range of products, including some awesome looking fresh seafood... but there's no way I could afford most of what they sell.

Rocky - I'd be a little nervous about Trader Joe's. Check out their propensity for buying seconds or damaged goods - also check the exp dates on their products. I have one a half block from me - and yes I do occasionally purchase from them but it is usually crackers or snacks - not fresh veggies or meats. Just a thought.

RR

Rocky - I'd be a little nervous about Trader Joe's. Check out their propensity for buying seconds or damaged goods - also check the exp dates on their products. I have one a half block from me - and yes I do occasionally purchase from them but it is usually crackers or snacks - not fresh veggies or meats. Just a thought.

RR

I always check dates regardless of which store I go to. I had not been aware, however, of their "propensity for buying seconds or damaged goods." Where can I get this information verified?

I DO know that they have stopped, only very recently, purchasing from China. I had bought some frozen seafood from them that they had obtained from China.

I REALLY like their chicken egg rolls, maple syrup, and New England Sea Scallops. Not all together, mind you, but those products I like.

• 2 months later...
I always check dates regardless of which store I go to. I had not been aware, however, of their "propensity for buying seconds or damaged goods." Where can I get this information verified?

I DO know that they have stopped, only very recently, purchasing from China. I had bought some frozen seafood from them that they had obtained from China.

I REALLY like their chicken egg rolls, maple syrup, and New England Sea Scallops. Not all together, mind you, but those products I like.

Hi Guys,

I like certain items from Traders' too Rocky. Checking expiration dates is second nature for me too.

While I do not work for Whole Foods, I know a few suppliers who happily market products to them.

I recently read that Whole Foods' is rated in the top 10 (I think, if memory serves me correctly), for great companies to work for (Forbes).

They received excellent marks as an employer in 2007, especially their benefit packages, which also included promotions to top tier positions from inside their company, bi=lateral job changes and a creative, responsibly concerned cash fund for employees in need, as well as a choice of retirement packages, savings and credit plans, etc.

Their products seem expensive on one level, but if you think about the long-term health benefits, it is balanced for sure.

My guess in affording to shop there when budgets are tight would be that it's more doable if prioritizing consumption in a revised manner, like pre-planning meals so everything is utilized (no waste) and setting the standard higher with what we put into our bodies in the first place, which if that were eating the best possible nutrients, than we would have less yearly health care costs, and could use nutrition as a preventative health measure, like an alternative to medicine.

Seems a nice place to work for a semi-retired person, or anyone looking to build a career in the retail business.

Anyway, enjoy the fruits and veggies this season!

Oh, btw, have you ever gone to a 'raw' restaurant? They are popping up everywhere.

Be good to yourselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Im glad someone agrees with me about whole foods

I hate having to cut my food in half and give half away to someone