GreaseSpot Cafe

Angels of the flood?

Where is that scripture I can't find it now?

The subject was something about the time of “Noe” (Noah) and chained angels being witnessed to, ministered to or released?

Led captivity captive and all that?

Thanks in advance! :)

http://www.biblegateway.com

KJV

3 occurrences of "Noe" in the NT, all in the Gospels, and not what you wanted.

No occurrences of "chained" in the NT.

"captivity captive" is Ephesians 4:8.

I think what you wanted was I Peter 3:18-22.

18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

22Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

http://www.biblegateway.com

KJV

3 occurrences of "Noe" in the NT, all in the Gospels, and not what you wanted.

No occurrences of "chained" in the NT.

"captivity captive" is Ephesians 4:8.

I think what you wanted was I Peter 3:18-22.

18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

22Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.

WordWolf,

This was a great help! You found the scripture I was looking for. BIG HELP, THANK-YOU!

Another thought, did God and Christ Jesus “turn the other cheek” or opt for regime change when it came to Lucifer. Could we not liken the chained angels to the Baath party of Saddam?

Are God and Christ Jesus war mongers because of regime change? Do we have a war monger within us? Is this the example we are to walk in? :)

WordWolf,

This was a great help! You found the scripture I was looking for. BIG HELP, THANK-YOU!

You're welcome.

Please save the link for next time. :)

Another thought, did God and Christ Jesus “turn the other cheek” or opt for regime change when it came to Lucifer. Could we not liken the chained angels to the Baath party of Saddam?

Are God and Christ Jesus war mongers because of regime change? Do we have a war monger within us? Is this the example we are to walk in? :)

This is all based on my current understanding, which is hardly the last word on the subject.

Whether or not Jesus pre-existed the rebellion is a matter of contention, and unimportant to the main

questions here.

As I understand it, Lucifer was an "angel" of great authority, and great ability.

Lucifer became envious of God Almighty, and decided that he himself would be set

above all other angels, and be like God Almighty, usurping God's rightful authority.

To do this, he co-opted 1/3 of the angels of Heaven, and staged a revolt.

Michael was an "angel" of great authority, and great ability.

When the former "light-bearer" chose darkness and staged the revolt,

Michael led the forces dedicated to God Almighty.

Michael's troops won. Usual depictions are of him going up against the

former "lucifer" and defeating him single-handedly. I don't know either way.

I know who won and who lost.

After this, satan ("accuser") was cast down to Earth, no longer allowed in Heaven,

along with his troops, who numbered at least 36,000.

----

Ok, what was the question again?

Right-did God "turn the other cheek" or opt for a regime change.

Well, the regime in Heaven stayed the same, with GOD in command.

Some positions under him, of course, stayed the same, some changed

as God filled the new vacancies.

satan was cast out of Heaven, so there WERE consequences.

God didn't destroy him, which was very lenient.

I'm not sure if this answers your question.

God first

Beloved DrWearWord and WordWolf

God loves you my dear friend

Isaiah 14:12 "How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

sounds like this verse is saying Lucifer fell from heaven but I think not

lets back up a little or a lot

Isaiah 13:1 The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.

2 Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.

3 I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.

4 The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the LORD of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.

5 They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

6 Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:

8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.

13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.

14 And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.

15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.

16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.

17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.

18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children.

19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

20 It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.

21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.

22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

14:1 For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.

2 And the people shall take them, and bring them to their place: and the house of Israel shall possess them in the land of the LORD for servants and handmaids: and they shall take them captives, whose captives they were; and they shall rule over their oppressors.

3 And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve.

4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!

5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.

6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.

7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.

8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?

11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

we can see here Lucifer is the king of Babylon not the serpent the devil some think of

Isaiah 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

no matter how you look at it Lucifer was a fleshly king and these verses are not talking about a war in heaven with angels but a high kindom of worldly men fighting against the messagers of God

a war to have power to control the ideas of others people's beliefs

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

On the one hand, it seems they are referring specifically to an earthly king.

On the other hand, it seems they are not.

I believe BOTH are correct.

If we were discussing that particular earthly king, I would skip discussions about who ELSE

it might refer to. Since we're discussing the other, I just didn't bring up the earthly king.

Jeremiah 31:15

Thus saith the LORD; A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rahel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children, because they were not.

This referred to Rahel and Ramah.

However,

Matthew 2:17-18 (King James Version)

"Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying,

18In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not."

We have Herod's slaughter of innocents stated that THIS is what Jeremiah was talking about.

Now, I COULD say "It ONLY referred to Rahel and Ramah, so, Matthew, you're wrong."

Since I don't think it was MATTHEW's idea, but God Almighty's, I don't have the gall to say "God, you're wrong."

I contemplate how BOTH answers are right.

This is STILL all based on my current understanding, and is NOT the last word on the subject.

On the one hand, it seems they are referring specifically to an earthly king.

On the other hand, it seems they are not.

I believe BOTH are correct.

If we were discussing that particular earthly king, I would skip discussions about who ELSE

it might refer to. Since we're discussing the other, I just didn't bring up the earthly king.

Jeremiah 31:15

Thus saith the LORD; A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rahel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children, because they were not.

This referred to Rahel and Ramah.

However,

Matthew 2:17-18 (King James Version)

"Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying,

18In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not."

We have Herod's slaughter of innocents stated that THIS is what Jeremiah was talking about.

Now, I COULD say "It ONLY referred to Rahel and Ramah, so, Matthew, you're wrong."

Since I don't think it was MATTHEW's idea, but God Almighty's, I don't have the gall to say "God, you're wrong."

I contemplate how BOTH answers are right.

This is STILL all based on my current understanding, and is NOT the last word on the subject.

What no fallen angles? Some believe that there is no original sin of Adam and Eve either.

Then what is the purpose of a messiah (or promised seed)? If this was the case there would be no need for either the gospels or the epistles. For the blood and spirit would need no redemption (all spirit would be "holy").

Why is Jesus Christ referred to as the bright and Morning star?

The king of Babylon not only stole Lucifer's titles but he stole Noah's tiles, Adams’s titles, the titles of the coming Christ and even the titles and names of the only true God... What of the God of this world how did that come to be?

God was being truthful for if the King of Babylon desired to stand in the title of Lucifer then he would also taste of wrath in the very same way Lucifer did.

It is also evident that the bloodline of the Babylonians came from Seth’s side and not that of Cain so this showed that within the supposed righteous bloodlines there were problems also. For if only Noah and his family survived then Cain’s bloodlines must have been severed at the time of the flood.

Jesus blood (soul life) was not derived from the patriarchs or sons of men but from God. Jesus Christ only “took part”. As in Melchisedek who had no known earthly parents and thus a priestly line directly connected to God.

Jesus fulfilled the promise of both the human void and the spiritual void where the physical bodily void was supplied by Mary who also had no real maternal heritage other than what came from her father. For her family tree went from her to her father and her grandfather and so on, rather than to her mother and her grandmother and so on.

Thus the body part really represented the Jews and gentiles where the blood part was specifically tied to male genealogical lines.

Galatians 5:9

A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

The “new body” is not our body but the body of Christ and, his ability to change form is because his body encompasses all people who have been created in him.

Our salvation is bodily because of the perfect sprit and the perfect soul life that was created in him. The original sin of Adam and Eve was in the blood where the fall of Lucifer the sin was in the sprit. Both of these sins are redeemed by the blood and holy spirit of Christ through the grace of God.

1Thessalonians 5:23

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Edited by DrWearWord

God first

Beloved WordWolf and DrWearWord

WordWolf - yes I can both being right which would fit with our fleshly desires being the devil and the battle being between which image rules the image of flesh by five senses insight against the image of God our spritual image - I never saw that about Rahel and Ramah thanks it bleses me a lot to think about

DrWearWord - Adam did sin and there is no way to escape fact but how did he sin might be the question more did he see the fruit handing on the tree and his two images battle with each other like in toons where the devil on one side and God on the other or good and bad or image -v- image

DrWearWord - a little to note if you read books like "The Books of Adam and Eve, The Life of Adam and Eve, The Apocalpypse of Adam, The book of Adam. The Second Treatise of the Great Seth, 1 Enoch, 2 Enoch, and other" you will read about a group called Nephilim

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

These giants are said to be the Nephilim's in other books and in some of these books messager of God is translated Angel of God and in Genesis it is used as the term sons of God

telling me we are talking about the children of Seth blood line

the wives of men we are talking about the children of Cain

A note to think about Noah took a wife from Cain side making Cain blood line to live on in her children

keeping all mankind in the blood line so Jesus Christ could be Lord of all

also note Lucifer was called "son of the morning" not "the morning star"

Adam was the morning star and I am a great *.* gram-son of the morning" - Adam but I am not the "the morning star" unless Christ in some way makes me a "morning star"

thank you

God first

Beloved WordWolf and DrWearWord

WordWolf - yes I can both being right which would fit with our fleshly desires being the devil and the battle being between which image rules the image of flesh by five senses insight against the image of God our spritual image - I never saw that about Rahel and Ramah thanks it bleses me a lot to think about

DrWearWord - Adam did sin and there is no way to escape fact but how did he sin might be the question more did he see the fruit handing on the tree and his two images battle with each other like in toons where the devil on one side and God on the other or good and bad or image -v- image

DrWearWord - a little to note if you read books like "The Books of Adam and Eve, The Life of Adam and Eve, The Apocalpypse of Adam, The book of Adam. The Second Treatise of the Great Seth, 1 Enoch, 2 Enoch, and other" you will read about a group called Nephilim

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

These giants are said to be the Nephilim's in other books and in some of these books messager of God is translated Angel of God and in Genesis it is used as the term sons of God

telling me we are talking about the children of Seth blood line

the wives of men we are talking about the children of Cain

A note to think about Noah took a wife from Cain side making Cain blood line to live on in her children

keeping all mankind in the blood line so Jesus Christ could be Lord of all

also note Lucifer was called "son of the morning" not "the morning star"

Adam was the morning star and I am a great *.* gram-son of the morning" - Adam but I am not the "the morning star" unless Christ in some way makes me a "morning star"

thank you

God bless you Roy,

Noah took a wife that may or may not have come from Cain but she was incapalble of passing on the sins of her father because that is "biblically" exclusive to males only.

I will be back to add more later.

Peace with God

God first

Beloved DrWearWord

and God bless you too

While I look forward to hear why "she was incapalble of passing on the sins of her father"

I wanted to add a bit on sins

I believe no sin is passed on in the blood but what, is the effect sin has on our DNA bluleprint

Like any old disease like cancer, blood pressure and etc

cause and effect of sickness which is not taking care of the body like a temple

but let me wait for now

thank you