GreaseSpot Cafe

Man Raised from the Dead in Florida

Another flaw: "Jeff Markin: "I was actually standing in the back of the funeral home, and I came to realize that this was my funeral." Huh? I didn't know that they started the funeral even while he's still at the EM. (Besides, don't they wheel the lifeless body _out_ of the EM in order to prepare it for burial? So that the next emergency patient can get treatment?) Also, Jeff supposedly was talking to an (angel?) named ... Bob. :biglaugh:

I believe the story, sounds like some of the things Sadhu Sundar Sing used to say. What reason would a cardiologist have to lie? answer None. Of course, certainly he knew the naysayers would have a beef with it, we means he had a disincentive to tell the story.

Note to Garth: At least his guardian angel wasn't Beavis and Butthead. It works like this:

As an athiest Garth, you probably wouldn't qualify to have an angel by the name of Bob. Yours would probably be Beavis and Butthead. :biglaugh:

You know sometimes its just great being a Christian. :redface2:

Edited by sky4it

What reason would a cardiologist have to lie? answer None. Of course, certainly he knew the naysayers would have a beef with it, we means he had a disincentive to tell the story.

The cardiologist has a practice that includes a spiritual side ... he prays with his patients. Would raising patients from the dead be good for sales? Surely he picked up a few clients, maybe he rasied his rates too ...

After vpw's stories, we should be aware of the money involved in the psychic healing business.

Another incentive would be protecting the hospital from malpractice charges. Better to convince the patient he did a miracle. Hallelujah .... :dance:

A good guardian angel would save him before he died ... like Clarence did for Jimmy Stewart ... :biglaugh:

AngelClarence.jpg

Edited by rhino

What reason would a cardiologist have to lie? answer None.
:huh:

Of couse he had a reason to lie (doesn't mean that he did) - why does anyone lie? Why did Vic lie about all of his miraculous stories?

Of course, certainly he knew the naysayers would have a beef with it, we means he had a disincentive to tell the story.
True, but people do things all the time that aren't good for them :biglaugh:

Come on Rhino, don't be so hard on the guardian angel, maybe it (are they gender neutral) was on a coffee break.

You know, no matter how you look at it, God gets the glory if you really want Him too. Thank Him for creating the material and the brains of smart people to invent things like defibrillators and heart monitors and hospitals and the like.

If nothing else this is a great made-for-TV moment. You've seen it a hundred times. The desperate and overly emotional and connected Dr. just won't let this patient go. He's had a crummy day and this is NOT going to happen! "ONE MORE TIME, DAMN IT!" *Shock* - gasp - "He's alive!!!! They don't usually leave the "praise Jesus" moment in afterward because it is liberal Hollywood.

I think we just need to remember the truth of the Princess Bride to get a better idea of all this. This falls into the category of "mostly dead." Your body can do amazing things when you are just "mostly dead," but once you get to "completely dead" well then all hope is lost.

Were this guys first words after death, "to blathe"?

Edited by lindyhopper

True, but people do things all the time that aren't good for them :biglaugh:

Ok Oakspear I will give you that one. How do we measure wether someone is telling it like it is? I think the hat has to fit. The guy is a cardiologist, which makes me think the story might not sit all that well with some of his patients/clients.

Anyway, I like the part about the Angel Bob the best. I'll have to keep my eyes open and see if I can see the Angel Bob hanging out around the country side. I'm going to have to keep that shirt in my pocket. Give God credit for one thing, he has a better sense of humor than you find living down here on earth. After that, I just know I belong in heaven.

Edited by sky4it

Your body can do amazing things when you are just "mostly dead,"

yeah..even worse

the many-layered dissolution of our body, of our mind, of our heart, our self, our dreams

is a creshendo that can take days, weeks, months, years for every part and whole to play out

and it is not entirely uncommon for people to come back from death, comas, and other altered states

sometimes in response to events going in life around them

sometimes from simply waking up in a morgue

the will to live and the substance of soul are resilient forces within us

and will often defy what the body is trying to do

of course, those with mythic worldviews are going to translate these experiences one way

those with rational will translate it another

those with a magic worldview...yet another

other worldviews...others

and so forth...

same kinds of events...viewed through different kinds of windows

Note to Garth: At least his guardian angel wasn't Beavis and Butthead. It works like this:

As an athiest Garth, you probably wouldn't qualify to have an angel by the name of Bob. Yours would probably be Beavis and Butthead. :biglaugh:

You know sometimes its just great being a Christian. :redface2:

Ya know, I'd prefer it being Beevis and Butthead. Cuz then, alive or dead, .... we'd be PART-A-Y-Y-ING!

"Hehe he hehehe Garth said 'part-a-y-y'. Rock on, Garth!" musik39.gif