GreaseSpot Cafe

Digital Recorder Audio

pawtucket

Anyone have any experience with the Marantz PMD 660 Digital Recorder. I'm thinking about this one, but they are a bit pricey. I am going to be doing some remote podcast and wanting something smaller than a laptop.

You might want to look into the Zoom or Tascam digital multitrack recorders at the guitar stores ( Sam Ashe, Musicians Friend).

I picked up a Zoom MRS8 8 track awhile back for about $299, which stores everything on an SD card, and includes a built-in mic,

as well a numerous special effects.

Some recorders in this range also have a built-in HD.

And they are definately smaller than a laptop.

Don't know if you considered a multitrack, but you could certainly enhance your podcasts with other tracks with which to add music or whatever.

Danny

You might want to look into the Zoom or Tascam digital multitrack recorders at the guitar stores ( Sam Ashe, Musicians Friend).

I picked up a Zoom MRS8 8 track awhile back for about $299, which stores everything on an SD card, and includes a built-in mic,

as well a numerous special effects.

Some recorders in this range also have a built-in HD.

And they are definately smaller than a laptop.

Don't know if you considered a multitrack, but you could certainly enhance your podcasts with other tracks with which to add music or whatever.

Danny

I do all the effects in post production. the PMD 660 is 4.45 x 7.2 x 1.85" so it is a lot smaller that either the Zoom or the Tascam. I thought I was going to win an auction on ebay yesterday for one got ekkked out in the last second and missed it by 15.00.