GreaseSpot Cafe

DSL vs Verizon wireless

jeast

My current dial-up at home, never mind I can't come up any adjectives that can explain my frustration.

For me to continue to keep up with my buds at the GSC I am going to have to bite the bullet

and go with some of that High octane internet.

From what I can tell there are a few of you who know just a little about this subject.

Please advise.

Price, dependability, etc.

Thanks

My current dial-up at home, never mind I can't come up any adjectives that can explain my frustration.

For me to continue to keep up with my buds at the GSC I am going to have to bite the bullet

and go with some of that High octane internet.

From what I can tell there are a few of you who know just a little about this subject.

Please advise.

Price, dependability, etc.

Thanks

Do you use a desktop or a laptop?

verizon wireless gives you access almost anywhere and is suited best for laptops. But you have to get a data plan with verizon which is pricey.

dsl has come down in price and is suited for home use (laptop or desktop) and would be much less expensive than a mobile wireless plan.

Thanks pawtucket,

It is pretty obvious that I am a novice so thanks for that bit of info.

I do not have a lap top so this is strictly for my home pc.

Currently I am accessing GSC from a pc at work.

I become addicted to the deserts at the cafe so I decided I better get with the program and get up to speed at home.

I may be retiring from GM the first of July if everything works out so the work pc will no longer be available.

The very best to you.

look for "bundle packages" with either whoever provides your landline at home, or your cable TV. Well, look at both if they are not the same provider. Pit one against the other for the best price and see how long they will guarantee that price. I now get phone, cable and internet for preyty much what I was paying for only phone and cable before. I think I could do even better, but I like having one bill for all three, for convenience if nothing else.

~HAP