GreaseSpot Cafe

The Bible is not Black and White!

year2027

Well, Roy in many senses you are correct, because the Living Lord God is so multi-faceted that it would be impossible to put HIM in a box. However, it is also black and white and it can be said THUS SAITH THE LORD! :) Like you said, both are correct. In the end when we know HIM as HE knows us, I do not think we will care one way or the other, we will be just too thrilled to be in HIS presence.

Blessings

Roy,

It's nice to see you in living color, and to hear your voice!

It is true that neither God nor His word are merely black-and-white, and that many have a "tunnel vision" view of God -- if not in black and white, but a cartoon or caricature, nonetheless. As your byline indicates, God has motherly qualities as well as Fatherly. He is described in His word as a sun, a shield, a protective chicken, even! But there are false ideas about God, as well. Satan transforms himself into what would appear to some to be an angel of light. Men worship gods that are not God. They become worthless and destructive, and are destroyed in the process. Anything does not go, if you can catch my drift.

With a holy kiss blowing your way,

Dan

An interesting sermon it really got me thinking...

Heres one thought I had.....people are just not smart enough to embrace the full spectrum and teaching of the Bible! So...they form different denominations....sometimes they are not even aware that actually their denominations believe in many things in common!

But most people in the church do not take the time to study and find out the common beliefs of the different groups, and to have a full braod spectrum knowledge of this sort is rare indeed!

One guy I know that is good at multi denominational knowledge is Hank Hannegraaf

But as for me, I'd say be master of LOVE and be not many masters of theolgy (James 3:1) , for in many things we all make mistakes, but lets not make a mistake in LOVE

angel20blowing20kissxd3.jpg

Edited by Steveo

God first

Beloved brideofjc, anotherDan, and Steveo

God loves you my dear friend

brideofjc - senses are fleshly but God is spiritual while we can use our senses to help us understand they do not come into play and yes it may be black and white in a way but also not - yes lets be thrilled to be in HIS presence and blessings to you too

anotherDan - its nice to be in living color thanks - yes there are there are false ideas about God too like God tells us he has no darkness in him at all someone must of called God dark so he give more detail - yes I understand - thanks for the holy kiss

Steveo - I am glad I got you thinking my friend - yes a truth "sometimes they are not even aware that actually their denominations believe in many things in common!" I saw this alot too -- I saw things about Hank Hannegraaf before here - yes lets be a "master of LOVE" and all others things will come

thank you all

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy