7: The Pekingese

6: Bloodhound

5: Borzoi

4: Chow Chow

3: Bulldog

2: Basenji

And the dumbest Dog....

1: Afghan

Well I don't know who made anyone an expert, but I did know one Afghan, totally brainless dog. I only met one though, in all fairness. I mean, not that I couldn't love one....

Edited by RottieGrrrl

my sister has a border collie what a lovely intelligent thinking dog.

she is very very smart.

I could gush about her she is almost human.

about the stupid dog.

tis true tho they are like the dumb blonde gals you hear about all fluff not much eles. all looks and fluff. cant figure anything out like a dumb blonde or a surfer dude type.

hey some one would love them too! like you said.

Here is the link Top 10 Smartest and Dumbest Dogs

THE SMARTEST

10: Australian Cattle Dog

9: Rottweiler

8: The Papillon

7: Labrador Retriever

6: Shetland Sheepdog

5:Doberman Pinscher

4: Golden Retriever

3: German Shepherd

2: Poodle

And the smartest dog...

1. Border Collie

THE DUMBEST

10: The Basset Hound

9: Beagle

8: Mastiff

7: The Pekingese

6: Bloodhound

5: Borzoi

4: Chow Chow

3: Bulldog

2: Basenji

And the dumbest Dog....

1: Afghan

Well I don't know who made anyone an expert, but I did know one Afghan, totally brainless dog. I only met one though, in all fairness. I mean, not that I couldn't love one....

Although I always thought the Cocker Spaniel was one of the dumbest, I know from experience that the VERY dumbest dogs are the dogs that belong to me.

Akela (aka Dogzilla), the half wolf half malamute mix, HAS to take the prize, tho. After a fun time playing in yesterdays record rainfall and swimming in the ensuing flood waters, he decided to fight with the tree that was cut down by the high winds....in the lightning, of course.

What a dog!

I dunno, we have a lab/rot/chow mix and a Beagle/jack mix. According to the list labs are smart and beagles are dumb. I think our Beagle/Jack mix is quite smart. He's a trouble maker, to be sure, but definitely intelligent.

The Lab mix on the otherhand . . . .

A few days ago he managed to get up on to the kitchen table (while no one was home) and into the cupboard where I keep medications. He then proceeded to select the Ritalin, and eat at last a few. Once the Ritalin kicked in, he ate a phone, a video tape, a bottle of fish food, he turned the desk chair upside down and pulled all of the stuffing out . . . .

I'll say this though, he slept straight through the night once he came down. Usually he gets me up at least once at night, but on that night he slept like a baby.

I haven't decided if we need to check him into rehab or get him his own prescription. :biglaugh: