GreaseSpot Cafe

betrayal

excathedra

Ex - I've got no clue what's up here, since you have edited it out. I'm guessing that it was too painful to keep in cyberspace (ouch). But I'm praying for you.

I myself walked away from my entire support group of local moms a bit more than a year ago, because the de facto leader of the group betrayed my friendship with malicious words, in casual gossip, knowing that it would be extremely damaging to one of my children, and they all stood with her. Maybe they were afraid of not being comfortable taking their kids to the park every day after school, as we used to do. I went from having four or five "good friends" that I'd built up over a few years, to zero overnight. The pain of the betrayal is still strong. Anyway, time will pass, and maybe you'll feel better, and maybe you won't. But at least you've got company.

Rock on, girlfriend.

Yes I long ago recognized that the workplace is kinda a war zone.

The politics and backbiting are common, its best not to trust too many "friends" at work, but rather put more trust in relatives, and friends outside of work who you know well.

Dont worry bout it, we all (at Greasespot) feel for ya, and I'll bet we're better friends than they are! :cryhug_1_:

I don't know about relatives either....sometimes they are worse!

• 2 weeks later...

GEO - WHILE I PERSONALLY DON'T KNOW YOU, THAT IS AN EXTREME STATEMENT.

DO YOU HAVE A THERAPIST?

oops, sorry about the caps

Exxie, hope you have shown your value to those who employ you.

If this is not resolved, the best thing for you is to move on.

It's not so bad ... you mighy find your dream job on the journey.

love,

ginger

The lesson I've learned:

Don't ever make friends with women. It just doesn't pay in the long run.

Sooner or later they'll do it to ya, probably when you least expect it...

George, not when you are an honest, self-sufficient woman. shame on your remarks. they hurt me. they are sexist. I have been more helpful to women than almost anyone i else i personally know. it's because i believe we need to give a hand up. in most cases, that what women all over the world are doing. you sound like a jerk!!!! you are a jerk!!!!!!

how dare you say this!

because you have a problem with women in your life doe not mean women in general are the problem!

hey, come to think of it, you were not supportive of me either when i was here giving GS my heart and soul.

so, if you can say what you did - i still will not say what i think!

ginger

Geo is NOT a jerk, not by any stretch of the imagination. :)

Dakota --- It would be nice if you know whereof you speak, before you do.

Don't judge a man (or woman) by a post or so on the internet, eh??

You may not know Geo, but I do. I'd like to repeat my first sentence of this post ---

but that would be redundant. I hope your reading skills took it in the first time.

Edited by dmiller