GreaseSpot Cafe

Put your name on the moon

Rocky

Send your name to the moon

Plans are under way by NASA centers and educators to spread the word about the upcoming Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter and the Lunar CRater Observation and Sensing Satellite mission to the moon.

The two satellites will launch together aboard an Atlas V rocket with liftoff scheduled no earlier than Nov. 23, 2008. LRO/LCROSS is the first launch for NASA's new Explorations Systems.

The LRO/LCROSS mission hopes to discover what the moon has to offer for the future moon dwellers.

----------

NASA invites people of all ages to join the lunar exploration journey with an opportunity to send their names to the moon aboard the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, or LRO, spacecraft.

The Send Your Name to the Moon Web site enables everyone to participate in the lunar adventure and place their names in orbit around the moon for years to come.

I'd like my name on the moon,

but only if it's visible from earth.

Maybe something along the lines of "This Moon belongs to:"...

Well, George, I guess if you get there first, hoist your personal flag, and prepare to defend it against all comers, you can do that.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Rocky