GreaseSpot Cafe

We're Off to See the Wizard

doojable

Everybody sing!

Follow the Yellow Brick Road. Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

Follow, follow, follow, follow,

Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

Follow the Yellow Brick, Follow the Yellow Brick,

Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

We're off to see the Wizard, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

You'll find he is a whiz of a Wiz! If ever a Wiz! there was.

If ever oh ever a Wiz! there was The Wizard of Oz is one becoz,

Becoz, becoz, becoz, becoz, becoz.

Becoz of the wonderful things he does.

The Scarecrow, the TinMan and the Cowardly Lion had no interest in traveling anywhere until they met Dorothy and befriended her. They decided to follow her to see the Wizard because they believed she had a worthy cause - to get home without being harmed by the Wicked Witch of the West. They didn't give a rip about the Wizard. They wanted to help their friend and hoped there would be something for them at the end of the road as well. They took up her cause.

So they all travel on to see the Wizard and get an assignment - go Kill that Witch. (Ummm... he was the Wizard- why didn't he do that himself? but I digress) Now, they've taken up the Wizard's cause- in order to help Dorothy with her cause - getting home.

Once they were done with their assignment they nearly were dismissed - until that smart little canine had the audacity to expose the man behind the curtain.

But it was all a dream...

I was thinking today that although we *say* we followed the Cornfield Wiz, we really didn't.

We followed our friends, loved ones and those we trusted. We took up their cause and mixed it with our own (to be loved, holy, "right" - put your cause in here.) What we found, complete with that damned skinny tie and slick hair, was der Victoid. We were delivered at his feet by the Wonder Class (thanks Waysider ;))

We had our assignments. Endless assignments.

We had our Wicked Adversary (and anyone that opposed the Wizard was a flying monkey.)

And it was all a nightmare...

Edited by doojable

Well dooj what do I do about the ruby slippers? and how about that fairy godmother her wand hmm? knew the truth the whole time she did. do ya think dorothy got angry at her? and then the final shot with the farm hands and auntie em and that nighbor who didnt like the dog was that real or what?

profound indeed

Holy mixed metaphors!

I thought it was a pot 'o gold at the end of the rainbow?

never mind...

Oh there was some pretty good pot... :biglaugh:

I guess he was over the rainbow, wasn't he... but he made some mighty fine Skittles... ;)

Well dooj what do I do about the ruby slippers? and how about that fairy godmother her wand hmm? knew the truth the whole time she did. do ya think dorothy got angry at her? and then the final shot with the farm hands and auntie em and that nighbor who didnt like the dog was that real or what?

profound indeed

Who said I was trying to be profound?

Did you use your best Munchkin voice when you sang that song?

The ruby slippers? Trash 'em. The glitter gets in the carpet anyway.

Glenda? Pop her bubble. And get her surgery to fix her voice so she doesn't sound all "watery."

It's just a movie... <_<

The point was that if you think about it, we really didn't follow der victoid - we followed our friends - because well, they were our friends.

We didn't start out *following* him - we were delivered at his feet and thought that's where we should stay.

Edited by doojable