GreaseSpot Cafe

Church shooting

dmiller

Unitarian Universalist Church, and this crap happens! :(

Shooting

It sounds like the shooter was not a member of the church, and was mentally unstable so he committed this random act of violence.

Something I'd like to make note of is that one of the dead in the shooting was a true hero. A gentleman named Greg McKendry, who attended the church, jumped in front of the gunfire to protect children from being shot. It is horrible that he died, because we need more people who have a selfless and heroic attitude like him. There is a local Fox News article that provides some more details.

and was mentally unstable so he committed this random act of violence.
No doubt he was unstable but reports now state that it was not a random act

THIS story says he targeted the church because of "their liberal views"

A man who shot and killed two parishioners during a children's play at a Tennessee church yesterday attacked the congregation because of its outspoken socially liberal and gay-friendly beliefs, police said.

....According to a four-page manifesto police found in his SUV in the church parking lot, Adkisson believed the church to be a bastion of liberalism in an otherwise socially conservative area of eastern Tennessee.

Id be all for working to end terrorism in THIS country

Edited by mstar1

While I tend toward liberal policies when it comes to social issues I know that surprises about this many people ><, I in no way believe the act was caused by this man's hate for the church's endorsements. He, like most mass shooters, was a sick individual, end of story IMO.

edit: never mind I dfidn't change anything.

Edited by HAPe4me

While I tend toward liberal policies when it comes to social issues I know that surprises about this many people ><, I in no way believe the act was caused by this man's hate for the church's endorsements. He, like most mass shooters, was a sick individual, end of story IMO.

edit: never mind I dfidn't change anything.

The same could be said for any terrorist, technically. Nobody in their right mind is going to fly an airplane full of innocent people into a building full of innocent people either. There are a lot of sick individuals out there, a few of which get to a point where they are willing to act on it like the piece of garbage that shot up this church did. I do think that his hatred for "blacks, liberals, and gays" was probably stirred up by outside sources, there are lots of people who listen to Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity every day and don't go out and murder. In a way, I see it like how video games are blamed for kids going on rampages. It's sick individuals that latch onto some fantastical stuff not meant to be taken seriously, and bad things happen as a result.