GreaseSpot Cafe

II Peter Chapter 2 (NASB version)

2Pe 2:1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.

2Pe 2:2 Many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned;

2Pe 2:3 and in {their} greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

2Pe 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment;

2Pe 2:5 and did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly;

2Pe 2:6 and {if} He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction by reducing {them} to ashes, having made them an example to those who would live ungodly {lives} thereafter;

2Pe 2:7 and {if} He rescued righteous Lot, oppressed by the sensual conduct of unprincipled men

2Pe 2:8 (for by what he saw and heard {that} righteous man, while living among them, felt {his} righteous soul tormented day after day by {their} lawless deeds),

2Pe 2:9 {then} the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment,

2Pe 2:10 and especially those who indulge the flesh in {its} corrupt desires and despise authority. Daring, self-willed, they do not tremble when they revile angelic majesties,

2Pe 2:11 whereas angels who are greater in might and power do not bring a reviling judgment against them before the Lord.

2Pe 2:12 But these, like unreasoning animals, born as creatures of instinct to be captured and killed, reviling where they have no knowledge, will in the destruction of those creatures also be destroyed,

2Pe 2:13 suffering wrong as the wages of doing wrong. They count it a pleasure to revel in the daytime. They are stains and blemishes, reveling in their deceptions, as they carouse with you,

2Pe 2:14 having eyes full of adultery that never cease from sin, enticing unstable souls, having a heart trained in greed, accursed children;

2Pe 2:15 forsaking the right way, they have gone astray, having followed the way of Balaam, the {son} of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

2Pe 2:16 but he received a rebuke for his own transgression, {for} a mute donkey, speaking with a voice of a man, restrained the madness of the prophet.

2Pe 2:17 These are springs without water and mists driven by a storm, for whom the black darkness has been reserved.

2Pe 2:18 For speaking out arrogant {words} of vanity they entice by fleshly desires, by sensuality, those who barely escape from the ones who live in error,

2Pe 2:19 promising them freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved.

2Pe 2:20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first.

2Pe 2:21 For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them.

2Pe 2:22 It has happened to them according to the true proverb, "A DOG RETURNS TO ITS OWN VOMIT," and, "A sow, after washing, {returns} to wallowing in the mire."

Copied from blueletterbible.org

This looks to me like a pretty good description to of what went on at twi behind the scenes. Verse 21 says what I was trying to find, "For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them."

It amazes me that people who even pretended to be biblical researchers would miss this or think it didn't apply to them.

Edited by bowtwi

Hi BOWTWI:

They CHOSE to MISS IT....it's called CONVICTION! Whenever someone is sinnin in a particular area, that will be the area that they will definitey try to AVOID.

How I remember when I once questioned what I was being taught by TWI and I was striving to look at Colossians to SEE what they were TELLING me that they thought it SAID. The HOLY SPIRIT kept pointing at and bringing me back to a whole bunch of little words.....IF, IF, IF, IF, IF......

However, I was so blinded by what they were teaching that I couldn't make it sink in at that time. Later when I got out and some of the SMOG cleared of their false teachings, I was finally able to SEE all of those little words. WOW!

Kinda gives one a whole new perspective on "Fearing the Lord"--which certainly does keep us from doing evil--

Thanks for posting that--That was what we were involved with.

And it was out of that we learned to entertain ideas that were blasphemous.

Peter pulls no punches, does he? I like Peter. He, John and James, were the only ones ever to see the Lord in his full glory (the transfiguration). It was conveniently skipped by VP, yet, I love reading that account. Yet, the transfiguration never left Peter - it blew his mind and changed his life. He knew who Christ really was and what he would be. It boggled his mind and changed his life, he mentions it a few times. I think Peter was able to see beyond the here and now, he had a much bigger picture in mind.

I think I, II, III John, I and II Peter, and Jude are written specifically to those of us living in the last days so to speak, before the gathering and the tribulation kicks in. They are warnings so to speak, the times are getting worse, keep yourselves as a glory to Christ.

Great thread (((Bow))))!

Early on they didn't twist these verses in my area... they taught all of the Books of Peter pretty right on with... no agenda...but later on when the focus shifted to narcissism, no one ever

taught it anymore for very obvious reasons!

Regardless if anyone reproofed or corrected anyone of them, who reeked such havoc as they did, no matter who or the amount of reproof or correction given, I think they would have

still turned a deaf ear and a blind eye and covered it up from exposure; for many of the reasons Dot stated in her thread "Satanic

Blindness" and because they were full of the seven abomination. I think they were responsible somewhat for the veil on Us!

Pro 6:5 Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand [of the hunter], and as a bird from the hand of the fowler.

Pro 6:6 ¶ Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:

Pro 6:7 Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,

Pro 6:8 Provideth her meat in the summer, [and] gathereth her food in the harvest.

Pro 6:9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?

Pro 6:10 [Yet] a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:

Pro 6:11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.

Pro 6:12 ¶ A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth.

Pro 6:13 He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers;

Pro 6:14 Frowardness [is] in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.

Pro 6:15 Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.

Pro 6:16 ¶ These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him:

Pro 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

Pro 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

Pro 6:19 A false witness [that] speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Pro 6:20 ¶ My son, keep thy father's commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother:

Pro 6:21 Bind them continually upon thine heart, [and] tie them about thy neck.

Pro 6:22 When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and [when] thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.

Pro 6:23 For the commandment [is] a lamp; and the law [is]

I agree Sunesis Peter pulled no punches! He was amazingly direct...He sure learned from His mistakes!

Edited by RainbowsGirl