GreaseSpot Cafe

witnessed to my kid

MATILDA

woo hoo, passed the check point...

today whilst I was talking to my middle kidlet (who is a student at USF)...I found myself witnessing...w-i-t-n-e-s-s-i-n-g to him.

Why? My own spiritual ambivilance has reached critical mass....yet, when I was talking to my son about altogether something else, I found myself reiterating things I thought were foundational to his being in regard to God and the things of God.

He is a young man on his own and set on goals of his own undertaking, yet still his answer phrase as a kid was..."the hope of glory...", with me supplying the first part of "it's Christ in You..." Fill in the blank. lol....he is so sweet. He loves his mama...he listened and considered...

I hope and pray it tides him over to his own thinking resolutions.

I am so empty, like an echo chamber resounding things, reverberating things frrm a different place...a friendly place with hope and comfort in hope.

My prayer is that God hears me, knows me, and what my favorite color is...

I like to think that I am me, cucucachoo...and no one else...but that is not so...I am me, but me has mutated and grown to be my husband and children as sure as the sun rises...to try to extricate them from "me" is silly, for the most part...

very Pink Floyd...

I feel like Johnny Lingo sounds to me...lol

anyway...it is Christ in me, the Hope of Glory...His strength is my joy, and my joy is His strength...A+B=C then C+B=A...or something like that...the transitive law...it's the only math I can sink my teeth into.

Selah.

Dear (((((Matilda))))!!!

A little Pink Floyd, and a little like Jonny Lingo...now what actually could be bad about that???!!!

This is Great for God, for Your Son, for You and for Your family!!! :)

GOD does hear Your pray...this one and all of them...!!!

Your son heard You and loves You! I pray with You that what You taught Him sinks into His heart and stays and grows strong!!!

If, I may ask why your favorite color?

With Love, RainbowsGirl

Tilda, I love you, I miss you. Where ya been anyhow, huh? I know, :confused: right?

As we've raised our babies and experienced the hysterical 'later in life last baby' syndrome, we've laughed til even they saw the funny.

We laughed and cried (mostly cried) when my eldest did things that would make any one cry. Oh yeah and laugh!

When we were little girls, remember we could put the dolls away in a box or leave em in the sand pile for the much cooler trucks, but then one day someone handed us a real live person. What was the grin on some doctor or midwife's face and why didn't it seem to fit with the terror in our own? What were we THINKING silly us, I mean really!!

Now they're all grown up and we've give anything to have them little again and loving us so simply and praising us for the greatest peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the world. There little faces so peaceful while we stood in their nursery doorway just to watch them sleep, or sitting in some uncomfortable auditorium seat as they sang louder and better than the rest of the children, the muddy fist full of gift they've picked for us from our prized flower garden.

That is all the good stuff. It's so very short and it all happens so very fast; how did they grow up and we missed it right in front of us?

When Samantha shares her life with me, I see me in there and it's amazing and wierd and very scary, actually. She did hear me! She did listen! She did take it in and find a place for it in her own life. It puts an extra anchor on the mother of the year award that has hung all shiny on the wall bigger than any other decoration we own. It's got a lot of dents in it from falling off, landing with a resounding thud that continues to ring in our mama ears for days until whatever we've done that we're sure has messed them up for life, passes.

They survive us, somehow.

You have great kids, just ask me and I'll tell ya! You've a good mom, I know about stuff like that. hee hee

We've discussed here about seeing God in a child's face and it's huger when it's our own child, isn't it? The lessons they teach us and the levels of fear we tread through being parents. The terror and yet those moments don't compare to the joys!

I think God somehow figures all of that out too. I think God gets mama's and grins at us as we fumble along raising an entire human being to know him for their own, on their own.

I think we are a witness to our babies from that moment of the grinning health care professional to that last moment of our breath.

What a great responsibility, what an intense wonderful, scary ride!

If you ask me, which ya didn't, sort of, if God knows your favorite color, I'd say yeah he does.

And even better, he knows your baby's favorites too!

Have I told you lately that I miss you? I have a ton of things to tell you, to laugh about with you!