GreaseSpot Cafe

Please Recommend a Good Email Handler

krys

I never had problems with OE, but with this computer I suspect that OE was corrupted somehow. I cannot make more than one folder at a time before I have to close the program to make another.

I'm thinking of reinstalling it, but that appears to be a whole lot of work...packing up what's there...booting the old one out...downloadind and installing the new one and then importing everything. Bah-Humbug!

What's a better alternative please!

I think FireFox makes a pretty good email thingy... Thunderbird. I'm sure someone else here will tell you if I'm right.

Thunderbird is fine - a little on the heavy side of resource utilization

To fix outlook express.

Go to control panel-add/remove programs, and remove service pack 3 if you have it and service pack 2.

Then reinstall service pack 2 by way of windows update.

(If you are having trouble with windows update continuing to run without results.

Change to Microsoft Windows update on the windows update site. In options or admin options. there is two places to change settings. One of them can change the type of windows update-either all microsoft products or just windows which includes outlook express.)

This will take a while but all your info will still be there.

-----

As far as a new mail service, I switched to gmail, which is web based and run on their servers.

https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount?...cc08&type=2

Edited by cman