GreaseSpot Cafe

Don't ignore sudden vision changes!

Bramble

Yesterday I had some dark splotches and bright flashes in one eye, then significant bluring. Ended up in the ER who sent me on to an opthamologist who does their emergency checks-- and I had lazer surgery to keep tears in the retina from growing, which could really harm my vision.

I had no pain and almost blew off the ER, because who wants to go to the Er on a busy Saturday afternoon. But now I'm glad I did.

So don't blow off sudden vision changes!

Dear (((((Bramble)))))

I am glad your not going to incur any damage. That was really smart and wise of You to check out!

I have been told these spots can occur with blood pressure changes! Time to get better advice, I think...or at least a check up!

My mum experienced a problem with her vision that was, she said, like a curtain over part of her eye. It was the retina detaching. Speedily fixed with careful surgery. As with Bramble - no pain, just obstructed vision.

Bramble, glad you got the treatment you needed. Take care not to sneeze for the next few days until healing is complete. Hope all goes well with you.