GreaseSpot Cafe

Man Walking from NYC to LA

Nottawayfer

There was a guy who showed up here in town a while back who was bicycling across America to prove some point or other. While I admire their determination and *desire to do*, I also wonder if it isn't more futile than beneficial?

Regardless --- Good Luck to Hakim.

I havent heard of him but Ive met all sorts of people on "walks", a few years ago a group of Buddhist Monks went through town on their way to the west coast who were walking for peace, about a year later I met a guy who was carrying a cross who had been carrying it around the world for 20 years.

Two 20 somethings I know are circumnavigating the globe, I get email updates every few days --they are somewhere in Scotland at the moment, and I also live right on the Appalachian Trail which everyday brings people around who are walking from Georgia to Maine.

most people that I get a chance to talk to seem to have one reason or another why they are doing it but to all of them it generally is a life changing event and rearranges their priorities in a good way

ha

lemme give this a shot

most of the time (92.3% :wink2:) I pronounce it

App uh lay shun

and just once in awhile

app uh latch uhn.

The trail is 99.99% the first one in my parts,

Occasionally someone in a musicology context will go with the second--but not always.

If I hear the second it usually indicates to me that they are probably 'studied' in musicology or i get that feeling anyway---of course maybe they're just from someplace else.

I'll go either way on music but almost always (again 99%) prefer the first.

...or else i just call em fiddle tunes

There.

is that all confusing enough? :)

How do they say it out in Minn uh so tah ?