GreaseSpot Cafe

Browser problem

GeorgeStGeorge

I'm very comfortable with Internet Explorer. I'm sure that there are those out there who think that Mozilla is far superior. You can probably skip this thread.

Anyway, as well as the Favorites that drop down when I have IE open, I also have a desktop folder containing them. For some reason, most of the desktop shortcuts now open with Mozilla Firefox. We have had Mozilla on the computer for some time (my wife likes it), but it's only today that this new default condition has appeared. Interestingly, not ALL the shortcuts go to Mozilla. GS, for instance, is still IE.

How can I reset the desktop shortcuts to IE?

George

I'm very comfortable with Internet Explorer. I'm sure that there are those out there who think that Mozilla is far superior. You can probably skip this thread.

Anyway, as well as the Favorites that drop down when I have IE open, I also have a desktop folder containing them. For some reason, most of the desktop shortcuts now open with Mozilla Firefox. We have had Mozilla on the computer for some time (my wife likes it), but it's only today that this new default condition has appeared. Interestingly, not ALL the shortcuts go to Mozilla. GS, for instance, is still IE.

How can I reset the desktop shortcuts to IE?

George

Right click on each icon, click "Properties", and edit the "Open with" textbox - type in "iexplore.exe".