GreaseSpot Cafe

"Fake" Love & Camraderie

Oakspear

Anyone ever been a regular in a bar for a long time? That's how I look at it, like the "barroom family". They're your best friends in the whole world, as long as your spending money, and everyone is having a good time.

But when the chips are down a little, all of a sudden your "family" doesn't even know you anymore.

Good analogy...

When I left twi, the folks who had been my "friends" were afraid to associate with me, afraid to look me in the eyes, afraid that they might get "possessed", afraid that they would be shunned by other twi members, afraid, afraid, afraid...

Fear was the motivating factor... there were a few exceptions.

My conclusion is that twi stood between people's relationships with each other. Like everything else...twi filtered reality and redefined it...the people who had taught that fear was wrong, used it to manipulate and control people. They were cowards and phonies.

I had several "friend" families that stayed after we all left. They would not talk to me at all. Mark and avoid. Mark and avoid. I have talked to a couple of them once after they finally left, mostly to find out what it took for them to walk away. There wasn't any reason to talk after that.