GreaseSpot Cafe

What if...

doojable

RumRunner, let me apologize for my recent posts to you. In my haste to avoid rumor and speculation, I responded to what was meant to be a humorous post on your part in an inappropriate manner.

When I started the thread I felt that the premise alone could lead some to believe that I had some inside scoop on a long-time poster here. I do not. I felt like even the hint of someone like LCM or CG or R0sie would cause a bigger knee-jerk reaction than if I just left it open for posters to consider any other mook-MOG that perhaps was more in their face on a daily basis. I was afraid that the rumor mill would start grinding away.

You have always been both honest and humorous regarding your disdain for the cult we have come to know and hate as twi.

I should have taken your humor in stride and not had a knee-jerk reaction myself.

Once again, please accept my apology.

Edited by doojable

No need for an apology Doojable but thank you for the sentiment.

RumRunner, let me apologize for my recent posts to you. In my haste to avoid rumor and speculation, I responded to what was meant to be a humorous post on your part in an inappropriate manner.

When I started the thread I felt that the premise alone could lead some to believe that I had some inside scoop on a long-time poster here. I do not. I felt like even the hint of someone like LCM or CG or R0sie would cause a bigger knee-jerk reaction than if I just left it open for posters to consider any other mook-MOG that perhaps was more in their face on a daily basis. I was afraid that the rumor mill would start grinding away.

You have always been both honest and humorous regarding your disdain for the cult we have come to know and hate as twi.

I should have taken your humor in stride and not had a knee-jerk reaction myself.

Once again, please accept my apology.

This is going to sound crazy. Maybe I have changed more than I realise. Because I have been abused more on this site than I ever was when I was in.

When I was in I didn't take defecation off anyone. I tend to put up with it now.

If it was 30 years ago and I met some of the people that are on this site I would give them a bloody nose at the least. :asdf:

Suppose if YOU (whoever you may be) are now the favorite poster of one here now and YOU caused this person grief at one time during your tenure in TWI. Is your tormentor to blame for that person's suffering also? Were you just a neutral conduit through which passed slings and arrows of your present admiring reader's past misfortune? Or are you alone responsible for whatever injury you may have inflicted? What would your admiring reader's reasonable response be if he or she knew you were YOU? Perhaps this answer would be enlightening as you ponder how you want to respond to your former tormentor.

Peace.

Suppose if YOU (whoever you may be) are now the favorite poster of one here now and YOU caused this person grief at one time during your tenure in TWI. Is your tormentor to blame for that person's suffering also? Were you just a neutral conduit through which passed slings and arrows of your present admiring reader's past misfortune? Or are you alone responsible for whatever injury you may have inflicted? What would your admiring reader's reasonable response be if he or she knew you were YOU? Perhaps this answer would be enlightening as you ponder how you want to respond to your former tormentor.

Peace.

Sorry, Oen. I have a little trouble following this. Maybe if you could use "Person A," Person B," etc., I could get a better feel for who was tormenting whom and who admires whom.

George

Peace.

George, I'll try to clarify. Most of us have been subjected to abuse in one form or another during our TWI daze. Most of us occasionally were also on the giving end of the abuse if we are honest with ourselves. The question posed by this thread, what if one of your favorite posters turns out your former abuser in TWI. My response to that question is simply perhaps you response to your favorite poster (formerly tormentor) could be informed by how you would hope that one who admires your posts now whom you may have tormented would respond to you.

I hope this de-muddifies my earlier post.