GreaseSpot Cafe

Orthodoxy, Protestantism, Gnosticism and Reason

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any record of Abel having children prior to his death?

If Abel did have children then it is logical that Seth (after Abel's death) would have become the patriarch over their house.

Perhaps Abel's eldest son became patriarch over his father's house?

What do we know about the sons of Seth up until the time of Noah/Noe?

Were any of the patriarchs between the time of Noah and Seth, of Cain or Abel’s house?

What of the women? Were women from other houses permitted to marry within a different house?

Abel's daughters would only carry their mothers DNA because the fathers DNA is carried in the Y chromosome.

A son gets an X chromosome from their mother and a Y chromosome from their father.

A daughter gets an X chromosome from her father, that the father got from his mother.

It is odd that the Bible explicitly goes out on a limb with all of these, "genealogies"...

With today's understanding in DNA the ancient biblical understanding of heredity and life may be bound for a surprise.

Either the Bible will show genealogical integrity and stand up with recent advancements in biology, or science will once again tell us that the earth is not flat but round.

We can trace the DNA of every person back to the first Adam and Eve, So what do we all have in common besides Adam and Eve? The Bible says one thing and our DNA records say another thing.

Our DNA says as a species we are much older than the 6000 year old Adam and Eve of the Bible.

If I have to deny the "flesh" and what it says about history to believe in the Bible's "spirit" account of Adam and Eve I tend to trust the idea of science first. DNA seems so evident that to deny it over the idea that we are only 6000 years old is not only limiting but fraudulent.

The body must predate the spirit by hundreds of thousands of years?

How many forms did humans take on before God was finished? To form something denotes the passage of time.

So we get to the beginning.

And we find there are several if not many beginnings all happening at the same time.

The most evident beginning is the first beginning. In the beginning. That is ground zero. When it says God created, that is a subject and a verb which denotes the passage of time, though only and instant it is still time passing. So in God creating something time has already passed. Thus we get to the most important other beginning, when God created spirit in humans. Humans were still being formed… Suddenly humans eyes were opened and instead of the sun just passing them by every day unnoticed they became aware of its passage. Stonehenge is a seed reminding us of the ancients awakening with time. This is the second beginning. So this second beginning is perceived as zero to humans but as one to God. The beginning was before the beginning. Think of it like there are two timelines beside each other. One is God’s timeline which is endless, and one is our conscious timeline. Our conscious timeline is limited and measured by days. Gods timeline began before ours so God is zero and we are one. Ever though we consider Eden as “the beginning”, Eden is only the place where we became aware of time. Before our awareness of the sun, moon, light, darkness we were without comprehension, in darkness, in zero being formed and made.

Edited by DrWearWord

It seems that there may be quite a bit of interest in LIGHT within this thread, so I will speak a bit myself – for both “science lovers” and for “lovers of the Bible” – but especially for those who like to see how the two equate together.

A well known and brilliant Astrophysicist (Bernard Haisch) made an important discovery along with some of his colleagues in the following article which begins:

Brilliant Disguise: Light, Matter and the Zero-Point Field

Is matter an illusion? Is the universe floating on a vast sea of light, whose invisible power provides the resistance that gives to matter its feeling of solidity? Astrophysicist Bernhard Haisch and his colleagues have followed the equations to some compelling -- and provocative -- conclusions.

Link to short article

My understanding is that even if they are correct in assuming the Light in Genesis One represents the Zero-Point (Energy) Field, that in itself is still a physical thing which God MADE, so consider the following:

Ro 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The above verse indicates that much can be understood about the invisible things [spiritual matters] and even about God’s eternal power and Godhead merely by observing what is BEHIND these physical things. (And BTY, Genesis One contains many of these things which are made, which can lead to much understanding by observing their spiritual counterparts, behind the scenes, so to speak!)

Now, as I was saying, even if Bernard Haisch is correct, he has only found yet another physical thing which was made, and behind it is more! Whatever man can find and examine has yet something else behind it – and behind that – to infinity!!

As for Light, it has many meanings: truth, good, wisdom, the written scriptures, (Jesus Christ was also called “great light”), and do remember that God called himself Light! And darkness is just the opposite of light.

It is evident that LIGHT encompasses just about everything! God is using that term to try to explain many many things about the universe, life, science and physics, etc, and not to forget – even those are only representative of the other side! (reminds me a bit of The Matrix – ha! ha!).

Consider even our computers which work on binary. Light and darkness equate to the 1’s and 0’s which produce EVERYTHING a computer can do! Logically, things are either TRUE or FALSE and YES or NO (gates may be OPEN or CLOSED). Switches (transistors) may be ON or OFF (+15v or 0v), etc. Even our brains run on binary. We compare only two thoughts at a time, render a result and compare the next item to that finding. (try adding 1+2+3 = 6). You can only test two numbers at a time, and add the next to it. Even the most complex algorithms are based upon BINARY! Light and darkness represent the same things, and even wisdom or folly...etc...

Now, speaking of physical light, it is true that we only see a tiny portion of the entire spectrum of light. We see what is termed the Visible Spectrum. That is what God has designed our eyes to see. And we should endeavor (for the most part) to stay within that boundary.

It is interesting to note that Genesis One does contain the visible spectrum, starting with Light, which may be refracted into colors (for those who know: ROY-G-BIV). For those who have eyes to see, it is all there!

But be ever mindful that whatever you do find or discover in the physical realm has something else behind it – and behind that – and behind that – FOREVER!!

Ponder these things, my friends!

Spec

:)

The police recently arrested a man named, "Abraham..."

They claim it was for spilling goat blood in a public park and creating a possible "bio hazard". They fined him for starting a fire without a permit, they prosecuted him for gross and unusual cruelty to animals and they also charged him for defacing city property. As they hauled him off to the police station he kept ranting about how, "The Lord God told him to do it."

He retorted, "I wasn't really gonna go through with it."

Comment: Love is anti-matter.

Edited by DrWearWord

The police recently arrested a man named, "Abraham..."

They claim it was for spilling goat blood in a public park and creating a possible "bio hazard". They fined him for starting a fire without a permit, they prosecuted him for gross and unusual cruelty to animals and they also charged him for defacing city property. As they hauled him off to the police station he kept ranting about how, "The Lord God told him to do it."

He retorted, "I wasn't really gonna go through with it."

Comment: Love is anti-matter.

:offtopic: BUT HUMOROUS

Spec

:D

It seems that there may be quite a bit of interest in LIGHT within this thread, so I will speak a bit myself – for both “science lovers” and for “lovers of the Bible” – but especially for those who like to see how the two equate together.

A well known and brilliant Astrophysicist (Bernard Haisch) made an important discovery along with some of his colleagues in the following article which begins:

Brilliant Disguise: Light, Matter and the Zero-Point Field

Is matter an illusion? Is the universe floating on a vast sea of light, whose invisible power provides the resistance that gives to matter its feeling of solidity? Astrophysicist Bernhard Haisch and his colleagues have followed the equations to some compelling -- and provocative -- conclusions.

Link to short article

My understanding is that even if they are correct in assuming the Light in Genesis One represents the Zero-Point (Energy) Field, that in itself is still a physical thing which God MADE, so consider the following:

Ro 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

The above verse indicates that much can be understood about the invisible things [spiritual matters] and even about God’s eternal power and Godhead merely by observing what is BEHIND these physical things. (And BTY, Genesis One contains many of these things which are made, which can lead to much understanding by observing their spiritual counterparts, behind the scenes, so to speak!)

Now, as I was saying, even if Bernard Haisch is correct, he has only found yet another physical thing which was made, and behind it is more! Whatever man can find and examine has yet something else behind it – and behind that – to infinity!!

As for Light, it has many meanings: truth, good, wisdom, the written scriptures, (Jesus Christ was also called “great light”), and do remember that God called himself Light! And darkness is just the opposite of light.

It is evident that LIGHT encompasses just about everything! God is using that term to try to explain many many things about the universe, life, science and physics, etc, and not to forget – even those are only representative of the other side! (reminds me a bit of The Matrix – ha! ha!).

Consider even our computers which work on binary. Light and darkness equate to the 1’s and 0’s which produce EVERYTHING a computer can do! Logically, things are either TRUE or FALSE and YES or NO (gates may be OPEN or CLOSED). Switches (transistors) may be ON or OFF (+15v or 0v), etc. Even our brains run on binary. We compare only two thoughts at a time, render a result and compare the next item to that finding. (try adding 1+2+3 = 6). You can only test two numbers at a time, and add the next to it. Even the most complex algorithms are based upon BINARY! Light and darkness represent the same things, and even wisdom or folly...etc...

Now, speaking of physical light, it is true that we only see a tiny portion of the entire spectrum of light. We see what is termed the Visible Spectrum. That is what God has designed our eyes to see. And we should endeavor (for the most part) to stay within that boundary.

It is interesting to note that Genesis One does contain the visible spectrum, starting with Light, which may be refracted into colors (for those who know: ROY-G-BIV). For those who have eyes to see, it is all there!

But be ever mindful that whatever you do find or discover in the physical realm has something else behind it – and behind that – and behind that – FOREVER!!

Ponder these things, my friends!

Spec

:)

What a great post! Thanks for your input.

I am so wonderfully blessed by the believers here on GSC.

Peace with God.

• 2 weeks later...

If you'd just spell out this vast and unseen parallel that you think that you see I may give you some feedback.

But your question felt like it was only bait to be taken.

p.s. I have only ten minutes left on this computer session of mine.

Edited by JeffSjo

If you'd just spell out this vast and unseen parallel that you think that you see I may give you some feedback.

But your question felt like it was only bait to be taken.

p.s. I have only ten minutes left on this computer session of mine.

I guess my question simply brings about a preponderant of the meaning of divine love.

• 3 weeks later...
Crying is prayer.

John 11:35 KJV

Jesus wept .

Comment: Was this unbelief?

DrWearWord,

Although Jesus was human and had emotions as we all do, I believe he had full control of them. I believe he purposely "allowed" this weeping so that others could see and appreciate the compassion he had. In the context we can see his desire for others to see the empathy he had with them over such a loss. We see this in the context.....

33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,

NOTE: IMHO, he was not troubled terribly as they were, but was rather alerted to the situation by this "troubled feeling". (Perhaps this "feeling" was revelation to him from His Father.)

34 And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.

35 Jesus wept.

36 Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!

If he had truly been so agitated and remorseful, then how can we explain his confidence and faith to raise Lazaraus from the dead later on in the context, as he had tried to imply to Martha earlier in the context?

Spec

PS: Perhaps you already understood this yourself, but were checking to see if others agreed with you?