GreaseSpot Cafe

Anyone copy your files onto Skydrive?

waterbuffalo

Hey,

I spent a large part of yesterday copying my files to my skydrive account, but could only load one at a time. Then a msg. asked if I wanted to do it faster so I said yes. Now, it's slower than before? I tried to drag files to it, but they didn't move. Also, tried to copy folders, but wouldn't let me load a whole folder--had to click on each file individually inside the folders, then click download.

Sorry if this is a tedious msg, lol. It's been tedious for me getting them up there, too.

Anyone know a faster way?

Thanks!

Hey,

I spent a large part of yesterday copying my files to my skydrive account, but could only load one at a time. Then a msg. asked if I wanted to do it faster so I said yes. Now, it's slower than before? I tried to drag files to it, but they didn't move. Also, tried to copy folders, but wouldn't let me load a whole folder--had to click on each file individually inside the folders, then click download.

Sorry if this is a tedious msg, lol. It's been tedious for me getting them up there, too.

Anyone know a faster way?

Thanks!

Hmmm, wierd...Can you give any more details? I have absolutely not used skydrive, so I have no frame of reference, but the first thing I thought was, gee, he sound like he was uploading, and then this message comes up and he says yes...so I am thinking/wondering if the process that went on was like a small download, a control, a service, that is in "tools" "addons", in internet explorer...if that is the case, what I am thinking is you look through the entire list of addons you have installed, and there are like 3 categorys available in the list...I would suggest looking through the list, by date and time...if there is one that has microsofts name on it, at the time you said yes, you might try to disable it and see if the problem goes away...if not, it is, in my opinion, not a big deal, removing a single addon, in that if you really needed that particular addon, the opportunity will come up again, if and when you need it....so, my advice, look around in addons and see if you find a connection on the time, when you said yes....I will check this post later to see if you find anything.....regards, michael

Hi wb,

If you are using the free skydrive account,

I can recommend a few better online solutions to having files stored online.

Free as well.

To be honest, I tried ms skydrive and didn't like it.

There are better alternatives.

What are the basics of your needs?

To access your files from any computer or share between your own computers.

Or something else.

Anyway skydrive is slow if all you can do is one file at a time.

It probably switched from a standard upload interface to a java program to make it faster.

But nothing can speed up uploads a lot, because they are usually slow.

So what basically do you need files online for, without getting too personal ya know, but how do you want access them? Logging into a website or it can be done by emailing links to files.

If it's a paid for account with skydrive, use their customer service.

Although I will try to help if I can.

It will work, skydrive or another, it's a matter of how they are set up to work.

Edited by cman

Thanks, both of you. It's just a basic skydrive account. I need to access my files at work so I can plan for the next day and print out there so don't have to replace my toner cartridge as often at home. It looks like I should be able to drag files into an area with a large box, but then it won't let me. So, I have to go down and click Load Individual Files link and that's slower, but it works.

You are quite Welcome. Computers are just like women, er, sort of, ya love em, ya hate em. And I suppose the maintenance and upgrades are part of the package......have a good one....regards..michael