GreaseSpot Cafe

Homeland Security At Work

TOMMYZ

Ummm... I think that was the department of transportation (of the state of Texas).

We do have a problem with zombies in this state, so they were preparing for a real problem. If you'd like an example, you should see the movie, "Bubba Ho-Tep" about an ancient Egyptian mummy that gets lost in east Texas, and it's up to an elderly Elvis (who secretly switched places with someone else) and an elderly JFK (who was secretly turned into a black man) to fight the mummy and stop the murders of their friends in the run-down retirement home.

We do have a problem with zombies in this state, so they were preparing for a real problem. If you'd like an example, you should see the movie, "Bubba Ho-Tep" about an ancient Egyptian mummy that gets lost in east Texas, and it's up to an elderly Elvis (who secretly switched places with someone else) and an elderly JFK (who was secretly turned into a black man) to fight the mummy and stop the murders of their friends in the run-down retirement home.

this says it all.

Hey Hap, in the interest of equal time, is there a Cindy Sheehan picture ? When I read Zombie from Crawford that's what came to my mind.

Have any of you guys seen George Romero's "Dead" movies or read Max Brooks books ? (Zombie Survival Guide & World War Z ) Maybe if you had you'd find "Zombies Ahead" more amusing in it's own right instead of turning it into another "Hate Bush"thing.

Gee. I grew up near Evans City, PA which is the town where they filmed Night of the Living Dead. Now I live in Austin, TX where the digital road sign warns of zombies ahead. That's kinda spooky!

You don't suppose there's a connection, do you? I really don't believe in such.... oh, hang on, there's a noise outside on my porch... I'm going to go look out the window.

... it's, it's, it's... AAAAAAHHHHH!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Relax Opera - that was just me outside pretending to sing "Flight of the Valkyries"

You don't suppose there's a connection, do you? I really don't believe in such.... oh, hang on, there's a noise outside on my porch... I'm going to go look out the window.

... it's, it's, it's... AAAAAAHHHHH!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Operabuff, did you ever go to the Monroeville Mall, where they filmed "Dawn Of The Dead" ? I have a friend who has family in the Pittsburgh area and a few years ago she brought me back a directory from the mall. I was thrilled to get it.

I remember going to the Miracle Mile Shopping Center over in Monroeville, that was back in the 1960s. Maybe the mall was built after I moved away, if I was at the mall I don't remember it.

Hey Hap, in the interest of equal time, is there a Cindy Sheehan picture ? When I read Zombie from Crawford that's what came to my mind.

Have any of you guys seen George Romero's "Dead" movies or read Max Brooks books ? (Zombie Survival Guide & World War Z ) Maybe if you had you'd find "Zombies Ahead" more amusing in it's own right instead of turning it into another "Hate Bush"thing.

sorry Tommy I couldn't find a Sheehan zombie, there was a Hillary one, but I was afraid it was off topic. Really dude I thought the hacking of the Austin sign was hilarious (provided it did not put drivers at risk). I posted the pic in a humorous vein, not as Bush hate. He is not on my radar any longer.

Back to the topic, did you know there are activist groups for Zombie rights?

250px-Fresh_Start_Club.jpg

Perhaps they were responsible for the hacking?

Or perhaps it was someone in Austin TX having fun with the Austin Basis movie "American Zombie"

american-zombie-austin-basis-dvd-cover-art.jpg

Despite their wildly different working styles, Grace and John manage to chronicle the hopes and dreams of four fascinating subjects: IVAN, a convenience-store clerk who longs for a career in publishing; LISA, a florist trying to recover her lost memories; JUDY, a hopeless romantic who learns to accept her true nature; and JOEL (pronounced "Ho-El"), a committed political activist striving for zombie rights. As Grace strives to get to know the zombies "on their own terms," John is eager to uncover their darker side and rallies to get the crew permission to shoot at a three-day, zombies-only retreat called Live Dead where the documentary takes an unexpected - and dangerous - turn. What transpires there is beyond anything the filmmakers could imagine, as they are forced to re-evaluate their ideas about tolerance, identity politics and the future of the human race.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No disrespect meant to ANY zombie, some of my best friends are undead finally.

~HAP

Edited by HAPe4me

Hap, I'll have to check out "American Zombie."

I always thought they should have done a "Return Of The Living Dead" movie that took place right before election day that dealt with politicians pandering to get the "undead vote". Here in the Chicago area the whole "dead vote" is a running joke.

Hap, I'll have to check out "American Zombie."

I always thought they should have done a "Return Of The Living Dead" movie that took place right before election day that dealt with politicians pandering to get the "undead vote". Here in the Chicago area the whole "dead vote" is a running joke.

I seem to recall a movie being made in 2004 that had a veteran killed in the Iraq war coming back from the grave to vote against Bush or something like that.