GreaseSpot Cafe

Doctrinal errors in TWI, I remember this as common knowledge in the old days.

JeffSjo

Was it this?

George Aar

post Jan 17 2009, 01:25 AM

Post #9

(Blatant errors thread)

QUOTE (George Aar @ Jan 17 2009, 02:25 AM) *

As I've mentioned several times in the past, I think the most OBVIOUS of errors that Mr. Wierwille made in "The Class" is stating that the Council of Nicea was in FRANCE!

Nice, Nicea, I guess anybody could make that mistake...

Mark Clarke replied:

Didn't they fix that one in later editions of JCNG?

Just caught this; I hadn't noticed that it started with a question - "What is this?"

This wasn't in Are the Dead Alive Now?, but Jesus Christ is Not God. In that book, it stated that the Council of Nicea was held in what is now Nice, France. This of course is incorrect. Nicea was in Bithynia, a Roman province in Asia Minor, which is modern day Turkey. I think I remember hearing that it was corrected in later editions of JCNG, but there wasn't a lot of attention called to it.

Frame, I believe what WordWolf is saying is that the original version of PFAL (initially titled "Receiving the Holy Spirit Today") was a virtual copy of Leonard's class, not that the final version was.
The final version is very different. The original it is hard to say. BG would have allowed Wierwille to teach the class but it would have had to have been under BG's guidlines and would have had to have been called "Gifts of the Spirit". The majority of folks who came into the way got the revised version. I doubt that there is anyone still around who took "receiving the Holy Spirit today". Also I want to note that BG's class focuses most of its time on the gift of healing and relatively little on the the inspired utterance gifts. Which IMO VPW spent far more time on those than the latter.