GreaseSpot Cafe

stress

doriangreen

I suppose there in lies the value of greasespot. We all get to hear the *other* side of the story. It wasn`t JUST us, it wasn`t because we weren`t spiritual enough, or that we left doors open for Satan....etc. For years decades really, wierwille and his leaders managed to keep the ugly dirty little secrets from the general population of twi....convince everyone that the person trying to tell the truth is possessed or lying...after all...who wouldn`t believe the man of God??

All of those years of self doubt, of wondering how we had blown it. Ashamed, pretty sure we weren`t working for Satan, yet that nagging doubt, would we be destroyed for leaving the ministry that had taught us God`s word...would our children die, were we decieved?? Years and years spent waiting for the other shoe to drop....determined to hold fast to what we had been taught so that Satan couldn`t really trick us...never really moving on even after physically leaving.

All I can say is thank you GOD and pawtucket for greasespot, as it has given many of us a voice for the first time in decades. We are allowed to think to examine to reason...it is tough, sometimes for me, it almost seems like waking up slowly from some sort of coma that will take time, effort, and a lot of physical therapy to relearn how to function again.

Greasespot is my cult brain therapy :)

Edited by rascal

I join Rascal in my thanks for Pawtucket!!!

Dorian:

I do not know if this will help you or someone else reading this. But this almost describes to a "T" the defend-VPW-guy--

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/sg54-45.htm

Pathology of a false teachers

You see we argue about VPW and LCM being wrong/bad/false etc. But those who vehemently defend them and their doctrines -- seems like they TOO become false teachers. Doncha think? And you see what a nutty battle it is to try and "change" their view point to something logical like "facts and witnesses". So, my guess, is your friend is surrounded by people like "you have seen here" splashed across your thread.

Again, I would pray for her. I know I will pray for you and her and I bet others will as well.

From the site above

In Practice

"Doting about questions and disputes of words."

The Greek text could be translated this way: "Having a sick craving for questions and word battles." They have a disease--a morbid preoccupation with useless questions and word battles. They make a fuss about terminology. The Greek word translated "questions" (z[ma]et[ma]esis, means "idle speculations." It is nothing more than pseudo-intellectual theorizing. They make a fuss about theory instead of the truth of God's Word. So much is written about Scripture from a liberal or neo-orthodox viewpoint. It's easy to get lost in all the verbiage and speculation. Yet all you need to do is accept the plain truth of God's Word.

They also get into "disputes of words" (Gk., logomachia, "word battles"). They battle each other over terminology. Their minds know nothing, so they engage themselves in battles over semantics that won't get anywhere.

I mean, the above could be the-defend-VPW-guy's resume who posts here.

And you mentioned something like you warn her and she says you took the word of "men" and she just KNOWS VPW would not have done those things. Yet, she is listening to what goldfish? No, she herself is listening to men and blowing off testimonies of people who have "been there" reporting the "bad stuff." And if you say "you are listening to men..." She will grab another void point and hold onto that like a pit bull with a steak. Like "he is dead." What does that have to do with the fact that while living he had a big smile hiding a very dark soul. Idiotic stuff like that we get here from the "sold-out" no matter what, loonies. You are not crazy. They become crazy-makers. It is a cult -- this is what cults do.

Edited by Dot Matrix