GreaseSpot Cafe

Ex Traffic Cop Says He's Jesus

waysider

The villagers in the Abode of Dawn follow an almost entirely vegan diet, largely based on what they can grow themselves. When they move here, they give the church their pensions and whatever possessions they may have. In return they receive basics such as sugar, buckwheat and flour. No money is used within the community but they are given an allowance of 300 rubles, about $12, a month.

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/Story?id=5225539

"Deep in the heart of Siberia's birch forests lies one of the largest and most remote religious communes of the planet. More than 5,000 people have left their families and their homes to move here and join the Church of the Last Testament, which has more than 10,000 followers worldwide. The church centers on one man. He is known simply as Vissarion, meaning "he who gives new life," or simply as the teacher, and he claims that he is Jesus Christ."

(Be sure to watch the video.)

Gees she traveled 6000 miles? I could have saved here the trip. there is agentleman who claims to be Jesus Christ living at the homeless shelter in my town barely 2 hours from New York.

He doesnt have the fancy hilltop house, people praying to him or offering hymns as he enters the room--but at least this Christ lives in humble surroundings.

I wonder how many there are worldwide--there must be thousands--I wonder if they all get together at a Christ Convention in Atlantic City once a year to compare notes.

Nice work if you can get it.

Anyone who wants to give me their life savings and pension and then till my garden and eat peas is welcome to come up my way...I might even grow my hair long again and show up once a week in a bathrobe to say "bless you.... love one another... and dont be distracted by these insignificant worldly things--give me your checking account and retirement portfolio so it wont be around to tempt you"

Edited by mstar1