GreaseSpot Cafe

what motivates you

excathedra

Today, the kittens jumping on my bed.

Finally, they're big enough. Today's the day I hit the street corner with my FREE KITTENS sign.

Hopefully, I can summon up enough of my old wayfer love-bomb mind-control voodoo -- like I used in the old days to put together all those 150-student PFAL classes (lies, all lies) -- to hoodwink someone into taking in these three little terrorists.

Here's an opener I'm pondering:

"OH, LOOK AT THEM! THEY'RE SO CUTE!!!"

Whaddaya think? Pretty good mo-tech, eh?

We'll see.

yeah my "kitties were "free" 19 years ago , all I can say is did ya read my motivation in the morning post?

so cute? with beagle size turds and a life full of luxury yeah they are cute alright.

just one word of advice do not I repeat do not allow animals on the bed EVER!

When my youngest daughter moved out is when this mess began up till then they ran from me if I came in the room .. as it should be , then the first night she was gone he sat at her door and cried and cried like a baby and I felt bad for him .. next night at my door then the floor of my room and

NOW on the bed both of them hogging all the pillows.

how does this happen ?

do not do not allow cats on the bed EVER.

good luck with the sign and the kitties do it now before you kind of miss the warm place they have in your heart and bed.

how does the fur on the sheets no longer matter ?

it is so difficult to explain how this happened embarrassing really . <_<

Oh yeah, since I know everyone's curious how the FREE KITTENS thing went yesterday (right, WM, sure they are), instead of writing about it again, I'll paste the update I sent my Dad.

Hi Dad,

The little drama with Firecracker's latest litter continues. A story you're following, I know, on the edge of your seat.

I think I've got a customer for the runt, Yoda II. I was talking to a neighbor couple, describing the critters, and the woman went, "Ahhh."

Heh, heh, heh. I've got her right where I want her. I'm going to pick up a little bag of cat food later, take Yoda over, and knock on her door. And I've already rehearsed my first two lines:

"SHE'S SO CUTE!!! SHE'S IRRESISTIBLE!!"

Okay, so that's progress. But these other two raskals, especially the gray one, are wilder than heck. When I was in Oaxaca, Joseph's teenage son stayed here, and I think he may have tried a little too hard to "make friends."

No biggie, I've done it myself. Thing is, the gray one can't even be picked up. I've never seen a kitten fight like little Reb -- literally "tooth-and-claw." OUCH!!! And the black one, Lucky, is skitish too. Which has had me worried. Not exactly a good selling point for the FREE KITTENS project.

Okay, so well, then, last week, someone told me about a no-kill shelter, run by the Animal Defense League. Today I drove over to check out the joint, and the Staffer I talked to told me that kittens are in high demand. I told her, that's good, because I'm a cat herder. She admonished me to have Firecracker spayed.

So I said, "I thought you just told me that kittens are in high demand?"

Why am I so often so hard to deal with? Since turning 50, it's just gotten worse too.

Your Son,

Jeff

My Dad is battling lung and brain cancer. The prognosis is a year, at best. He's going through radiation presently, and he enjoys getting little ditties like this from family and friends.

Oh, and by the way, any prayers for him from any of y'all who still do that kind of thing would be appreciated.

Edited by Workman

What motivates me? My bladder!

Closely followed by two hungry cats who come and rub round my ankles while I am relieving myself.

After dealing with them, I may as well stay up and make a brew.

And quite some time after that, my eyes open and the brain starts to engage.