GreaseSpot Cafe

Magic & Metaphysics, Art of Magic 5 by College Girl

• 3 weeks later...

simple enough, but that's the problem it's black and white thinking to me and so i associate it with other things that "teach" via black and white thinking, and it is really oversimplifying the matter to say that a person is either one or the other because a mature mind can and does often hold two opposing thoughts as acceptable and "real".

can and does often hold two opposing thoughts as acceptable and "real"

and there is an important way of thinking

good one brainfixed

there is also a third and more

it's not linear thinking or circular

or one way or another but both and all

and more of an ever widening view

one can't keep the eyes closed forever

some draw conclusions on parts, keeping the eye and ear shut

while the whole unlimited sight is still being discovered

God first

Beloved brainfixed and cman

God loves you my friends

brainfixed - I hope did not come out has that way I am sorry if I phase it wrong or something I love you my friend - some people only see in black and white it is a good thing to see in different ways I was trying to give you credit

cman- good insight my friend

thank you

with love and a holy kiss Roy

and there is an important way of thinking

good one brainfixed

there is also a third and more

it's not linear thinking or circular

or one way or another but both and all

and more of an ever widening view

one can't keep the eyes closed forever

some draw conclusions on parts, keeping the eye and ear shut

while the whole unlimited sight is still being discovered

it was scary for me the first time i heard about the possibility that a person can think about two different things, agree with two different things or more, and even not be quite sure about any of it at all. now i know that "sanity" is a perception and it really depends on who you're talking to as to what that perception is. growing up in the way it was never acceptable to hold more than one thought in your head, but if you did you learned not to tell anybody about it, and if it was contrary to acceptable doctrines you really were in for it big time if you told somebody.

and why does it have to be one way or the other in anything? i was watching a science channel series on time, and the one part i saw was about "personal" time and how nobody experiences time in the same way and that's why everybody's perceptions are so different. there is no constant with time. that's pretty easily understood, so why can't that same understanding be applied to thought and consciousness? even with "biblical understanding" the mature person must admit that the bible is self contradictory and must be understood not as absolute "rules" but as a telling of a people's history and their relationship with their supreme being. i mean on the one hand the bible says "thou shalt not kill" as one of the big ten, but on the other hand all of the books and context around the big ten is very much about killing. or "thou shall not commit adultery" and yet it was common to have more than one wife. and no matter how anybody tries to explain away the contradictions it is obvious they are there and that they are there because people are contradictory and the book is about people more than it is about anything else. but that's another subject and i don't want to "derail" this train. :rolleyes:

does "magic" exist? i think the one thing the video makes clear is that the answer lies in one's perceptions and understandings.