GreaseSpot Cafe

Something frome a book i bought

danteh1

If this topic needs to be moved from this area or removed, the moderators may do so.

I bought the book "Free Money", i haven't really gotten to read it yet (just glanced through it). But found a website that may help ppl if they have "Lost Money". Money that has been forgotten and due you.

the website "missingmoney.com" is free to create an account. I didn't personally find any lost money but someone may. It could be paychecks, stocks, rebates or something that is due to you, a relative or a friend.

But thought that I would pass along the website to everyone.

Then again, it could be Yet Another Scam.

<_<

it's not a scam. It has been around for years, and is not a commercial venture. Money, insurance refunds, jewelry from forgotten safety deposit boxes etc. are turned over the the State treasurers by law after a certain amount of time. You can go to your State treasurer's website and find the lists also. Remember to look in the States you once lived in times past.

There have been some scams rise up from these lists, but they are more like "We will find your money....for a fee".

The website linked by the OP is not like that. If you find your name on their list, you can follow links direct to the office that has control of that money, and from there you can submit a claim for it. The names on their list is provided free by NAUPA.

REMEMBER, YOU DO NOT NEED TO PAY ANYONE TO GET THIS MONEY. IT IS AN EASY PROCESS TO CLAIM IT YOURSELF.

Sometimes it is only $10, sometimes hundreds or even thousands. I have found relatives and friends money, and they have collected it. Be sure to run the names of deceased people for whom you were an heir in their estate. Also try alternate spellings and common typos of your name. Like if you have an I in your name, try putting in an E, or if you have an A try it as an O. (handwritten applications are often miswritten when converted into a database) Find a match for yourself in a State you once lived? Submit a claim! Happy hunting.

~HAP

The state of Indiana has $52 that belongs to me but they won't let me have it because I don't have my insurance policy number from when I was kicked out of the family corps over 15 years ago. My social security number and driver's license number aren't enough to prove who I am to their satisfaction.

The state of Indiana has $52 that belongs to me but they won't let me have it because I don't have my insurance policy number from when I was kicked out of the family corps over 15 years ago. My social security number and driver's license number aren't enough to prove who I am to their satisfaction.

were you insured by the way or something?

were you insured by the way or something?

No, I had car insurance that they insisted I transfer from my home state to an Indiana insurance agent since I was planning to live there for 2 years. When I was M & A'd by twi I just left. I didn't stop at the insurance agent's office on the way out of the state. So when I got to where I was going I got insurance there but apparently I forgot to follow up with getting a refund from the IN insurance agent. They've turned it over to the state who wants a copy of my original policy from back then with the policy #. I tried to get the numbers, but nobody had them and I'd long since thrown out any paperwork I had.

I would've thought that my driver's license and social security card would prove who I am, but apparently not to the state of Indiana.