GreaseSpot Cafe

Virus threats

JeffSjo

I have found out that if anyone googles "jeff sjolander" and then tries to click-on the one that will bring them here that the user will be informed that this link has been removed. The other thing is that my excellent library comuter system informs me that viral threats are present. As I mostly ignorant of basic computer competancy I'm not sure what is going on but I think I am glad that it is not my computer that may be having to deal with viral threats like this, because I do not have one.

This situation has been going on for a couple of days.

Can anything be done?

Should anyone be warned and if so, how?

I have found out that if anyone googles "jeff sjolander" and then tries to click-on the one that will bring them here that the user will be informed that this link has been removed.

The first entry is "Jeff Sjo Viewing Profile"

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/user/3254-jeffsjo/

That works just fine, as does the cached entry.

The SECOND entry is "

which DOES say it's been removed, and goes to some cybersquatting company site.

http://url123.info/441664b1

The cached entry works just fine.

Oddly enough, if you cut-and-paste the URL I just posted here (...topic/15985-hi-everyone/) ,

into the address bar,

you will get the correct page on the GSC.

As for viruses, I checked the lot with Dr Virus Link Checker, and they all came up "clean."

The other thing is that my excellent library comuter system informs me that viral threats are present. As I mostly ignorant of basic computer competancy I'm not sure what is going on but I think I am glad that it is not my computer that may be having to deal with viral threats like this, because I do not have one.

This situation has been going on for a couple of days.

Can anything be done?

Should anyone be warned and if so, how?

The only thing that concerns me is the redirected page. I suspect there's a LEGAL PROBLEM here,

and that other company is BREAKING THE LAW. The GSC may want to confer with Google and see what

the appropriate response is.

The only thing that concerns me is the redirected page. I suspect there's a LEGAL PROBLEM here,

and that other company is BREAKING THE LAW. The GSC may want to confer with Google and see what

the appropriate response is.

You will see the same thing at CNN, Faux news and other "so-called" clean sites.

FYI,

It occured to me that the company that blocked or redirected the link had left a place to respond directly to them.

So I sent them a message yesterday, and today the link works.

I'd like to know how it happened in the first place but I am content despite my not knowing....the link works!