GreaseSpot Cafe

It must be God's will

George Aar

I found this news item to be moderately encouraging (but then, I would):

http://ncseweb.org/news/2009/07/dinosaur-adventure-land-to-be-seized-004963

Kent Hovind, who some would say makes the Scopes Trial prosecutors look enlightened by comparison, gets his due.

Isn't this the natural outcome of taking the Bible as LITERAL instead of LITERATURE? I think so...

• Upvote 1

Maybe--although they obviously missed the 'Render unto Caesar' part though....

a federal jury found Hovind guilty of fifty-eight charges, including failing to pay payroll taxes for his employees, structuring financial transactions to avoid reporting requirements, and "corruptly endeavor[ing] to obstruct and impede the due administration of the internal revenue laws." Hovind was subsequently sentenced to ten years in prison and to pay over $600,000 in restitution.

I dont get the literalists at all--even the ones that I respect--but this guy was just a deluded criminal----I personally think it takes a certain type of insanity to jump that far into literalism and that the insanity will probably come out in other ways as well-- you are probably right

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I would view these creationists as a total laughable _joke_, if they just limited themselves to these themeparks and their (losing) battles with the IRS.

But that they want to inject their pathetic insanity into the public schools, and all in the name of professional science? :realmad: