GreaseSpot Cafe

Windows Messenger

Twinky

I have a Hotmail account, have done for years. Now "they" have added Messenger and a few of my contacts are in Messenger and most are not. I am not remotely interested in this facility and in fact am annoyed by the silly messages that some contact people post. The FAQ tell you all about how to ADD someone (an existing contact or otherwise) to Messenger, but not how to stop / delete them once added. I'd still like to retain these people as contacts.

Any suggestions?

I'm not sure what your asking.

How to block contacts?

How to block messages?

How to delete contacts?

How to remove/uninstall windows messenger?

Or all of the above?

Right clicking a contact should give options.

But I don't use any messengers anymore, so I'm out of the loop.

• 5 months later...

I guess what I'm asking is how to uninstall Messenger. I can't be bothered with that stuff. I want my Hotmail account, and I want to go straight to it, not to some stupid page that tells me what stupid things some of the people in my address book are doing. If I want to know what they're doing this minute, I'll ask them. Skype 'em, maybe. Otherwise, I don't care.

Can Messenger /Live (I dunno what) be deleted or uninstalled? Because in Control Panel there is no installed program called Messenger to uninstall. Is it something I have to do through Firefox? If so, how?

Anyone? Please??

I guess what I'm asking is how to uninstall Messenger. I can't be bothered with that stuff. I want my Hotmail account, and I want to go straight to it, not to some stupid page that tells me what stupid things some of the people in my address book are doing. If I want to know what they're doing this minute, I'll ask them. Skype 'em, maybe. Otherwise, I don't care.

Can Messenger /Live (I dunno what) be deleted or uninstalled? Because in Control Panel there is no installed program called Messenger to uninstall. Is it something I have to do through Firefox? If so, how?

Anyone? Please??

It is installed in the registry hence you cannot snag it out of the control panel. Sweet eh? Yahoo does the same thing. Very few people are willing to risk editing their registry so we can effectively force a product on you that way. You can, however, change the settings so that it does not come on at start up and consume your memory resources - and it won't blather at you about how you need to stay in contact with family, friends, and all of god's earth

Most everything about windows live....

http://messengergeek.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!E3785B1281BBDA1!3332.entry?wa=wsignin1.0&sa=550930907

Zap Messenger will remove live messenger.

-Or in Control Panel all the live programs are in 'Windows Live Essentials'.

Clicking uninstall will give you the options of what live programs you may want to uninstall. Keeping the rest.

Edited by cman