GreaseSpot Cafe

Bumped Into A Greasespot

TOMMYZ

I was at a friend's (fellow ex-TWI) house for a Labor Day barbecue. He had invited a friend down for the day. To make a long story short, during the conversation I found out the friend was a fellow Greasespot, "the outlaw Josey Wales". We had a great time talking about a lot of things.

So has anyone else had similar experiences where you found you were talking to a fellow Greasespot ?

• Upvote 1

I dunno.. you really need to go to a GS wienie roast..

:)

are there any planned?

I would propose one (at my individual convenience..) sometime in late December..between the fall and spring semesters.. only time I've got.

I've been to one on *your* terms..

I just got finished canning up about 9 gallons of tomatoes. just one gallon in December would make the most awesome GS chili you have ever had..

:)

Anybody want to come? small gathering, or large?

there are a few here, who I've never met.. that I'd love to meet..

Edited by Ham

Woo woo, Ham, I never turn down some good ole homemade chili from a fellow gardener and canner. Where do you live?

I am glad you posted that. I have been thinking about posting....would anybody in the southeast like to get together for a weenie roast? Atlanta or Charlotte would be central. And if you are a Yankee and want to come south ya'll know ya'll are welcome!! Sometime in 2012 would be good for me. Guffaw, laughing...just kidding...about the 2012 thing. Maybe, spring 2010?

Woo woo, Ham, I never turn down some good ole homemade chili from a fellow gardener and canner. Where do you live?

I am glad you posted that. I have been thinking about posting....would anybody in the southeast like to get together for a weenie roast? Atlanta or Charlotte would be central. And if you are a Yankee and want to come south ya'll know ya'll are welcome!! Sometime in 2012 would be good for me. Guffaw, laughing...just kidding...about the 2012 thing. Maybe, spring 2010?

If you build it, they will come.

and I don't think there's been any gs gatherings in the midwest besides the gs girls gone wild a few years back...

I'd be up for something if there was interest - I might be able to attend one in another area even - haven't done any traveling in too long!

The Weenie Roasts I attended were fabulous and very well worth all it took to get to them.

Oh, and no, Tommy - I've not happened upon any gsers without knowing ahead of time I was going to. Very cool that you did!

• Upvote 1