GreaseSpot Cafe

Truth

Proverbs 15:1

1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Don't pick fights that don't need to be fought.

This isn't about people pleasing. I gave up on that a long time ago. It's about getting all riled up over stuff that I have come to believe is inconsequential. I used to think that God would give me a few "atta boys" for arguing well. I don't think that anymore. All things equal, I certainly wouldn't drop a relationship over something like religion. Or forge one on the basis of religion.

Geish, I've heard all the arguments for and against and I don't really care anymore. That was such a relief the day I realized it didn't matter to me.

TZ,

This isn't an argument for or against. . . . I promise. . . . . it is a beautiful and rich sharing of who our Lord is and how He reaches into the very depth of our hearts. I must have cried 5 times during this message because I related and I truly wanted to share some of that with you. I am not arguing.

I am reaching out.

We could spend a whole lifetime and still not scratch the surface of who Jesus is. . . . . none of us. . . . .

It isn't about being right, it is about Him.

Edited by geisha779

I came across this little jewel, and I just had to shake my head at the wonderment, ... and had some thoughts in my head that, if I voiced them here on the board, it would surely get be suspended from Greasespot :realmad: <_< :

God put people to death for what we could consider minor crimes today and many would not consider that as Loving?

Really? ... And you actually put that in the form of a question?? ... Like that surprises you? ..... Wow!! :doh:

Now me, I would yank the question mark out of said quote, and put a hundred exclamation points in its place, ... along with a "Well, D-u-u-h-h!!" after that.