GreaseSpot Cafe

No Checks and Balances

cheranne

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Cultic Mind Control: Not just for cults anymore"

<_< Never was. ... Just for cults. ... Unless you want to include a swath of groups that reach _far_ beyond the aforementioned 'cults'.

Like religion? ... As in all of them? ... I wonder how many people would go for that, hmmmm?

BTW, Steve's called an 'expert' re: 'cults'. ... Not really. He's only an expert in his experience in the Moonies, and in the information that he gleaned as to what they were all about. That, and maybe some other stuff as to the field of 'cults', a field that has at least as much hype and bull in it as genuine facts and information.

Edited by GarthP2000

Ok, so he has a doctorate degree, and has had 26 years as a 'cult expert in mind control'. ... A question, if I may.

How many of his theories (and I add Lifton's, Singer's and like theories to this) have withstood, and been accepted by independent peer review groups? Has the APA, the ASA, and other professional peer review groups of scientists, medical professionals, etc. independently investigated, and approved as being medically, clinically, and scientifically valid these mind control theories? (And sorry, but fawning, anti-cult activists don't count, as their opinions are, shall we say, ... biased. <_< )

Or are all the 'mind control cult' theories, at best, an attempt at explaining and challenging the groups that behave in an abuse way, ... yet aren't always consistent in their application of the 'cult' term, especially when it comes to mainstream, orthodox, _socially approved_ groups (churches, organizations, etc.)

Uummm, so Hassan's doctorate explains all of this, ..... how? :unsure:

Ok, so he has a doctorate degree, and has had 26 years as a 'cult expert in mind control'. ... A question, if I may.

How many of his theories (and I add Lifton's, Singer's and like theories to this) have withstood, and been accepted by independent peer review groups? Has the APA, the ASA, and other professional peer review groups of scientists, medical professionals, etc. independently investigated, and approved as being medically, clinically, and scientifically valid these mind control theories? (And sorry, but fawning, anti-cult activists don't count, as their opinions are, shall we say, ... biased. <_< )

Or are all the 'mind control cult' theories, at best, an attempt at explaining and challenging the groups that behave in an abuse way, ... yet aren't always consistent in their application of the 'cult' term, especially when it comes to mainstream, orthodox, _socially approved_ groups (churches, organizations, etc.)

Uummm, so Hassan's doctorate explains all of this, ..... how? :unsure:

I don't know and don't care .

I don't know and don't care .

Why not? You post these videos, might we assume that you agree with Hassan? Garth asks some legitimate questions..and that's all you have to say? You don't know and you don't care. What was the point of posting these videos? Do you know or care? :rolleyes:

Kind of reminds me of responses to questions about someone else's credentials and doctorate.

Why not? You post these videos, might we assume that you agree with Hassan? Garth asks some legitimate questions..and that's all you have to say? You don't know and you don't care. What was the point of posting these videos? Do you know or care? :rolleyes:

Kind of reminds me of responses to questions about someone else's credentials and doctorate.

Well then....what I meant is I really don't care if a person has a degree(or whatever)as long as they can help someone else.

Like Kristen Skedgell writing her book "Losing The Way" she doesn't say she is a "cult expert" but in her life

she is and therefore can help others.

Manipulation and Abuse in all areas of mind control ,brainwashing and Psychological Operation in any form

can alter behavioral changes in a person especially a child.

Then we can also learn alot from kids too.(and they are not so called experts and have degrees and so forth

look at "The writing Machine" or Anne Frank.

Well then....what I meant is I really don't care if a person has a degree(or whatever)as long as they can help someone else.

Like Kristen Skedgell writing her book "Losing The Way" she doesn't say she is a "cult expert" but in her life

she is and therefore can help others.

Manipulation and Abuse in all areas of mind control ,brainwashing and Psychological Operation in any form

can alter behavioral changes in a person especially a child.

Then we can also learn alot from kids too.(and they are not so called experts and have degrees and so forth

look at "The writing Machine" or Anne Frank.

I agree that one can help another without a degree and without being an expert...but Hassan touts his degree and his 'expert' status, so i would think that its relevant.

My apologies for the short, sharp response...I've been working overnights and am cranky :CUSSING: - and that's my expert opinion :wink2:

I agree that one can help another without a degree and without being an expert...but Hassan touts his degree and his 'expert' status, so i would think that its relevant.

My apologies for the short, sharp response...I've been working overnights and am cranky :CUSSING: - and that's my expert opinion :wink2:

That ok I didn't have long enough explanation because I am overworked :blush: watching 2 babies in diapers!!! :confused:

Just to set the record straight - Hassan has a master's in education and is a licensed mental health counselor. There is no doctorate listed anywhere in his credentials.