GreaseSpot Cafe

Shouldn't google work the first time?

JeffSjo

I've set up my computer/internet stuff up so that anybody that google's "Jeff Sjolander" will get to my profile here at GSC.

For quite a while I have had to do two consecutive search in order to get here. The first time I do a search almost every time I see a notification that the link is missing.

FYI a while back somebody was deliberately redirecting the link until I told the company that was redirecting it that I did not like it.

This time I'm not sure what is going on or what I can do about it.

thanks Bulwinkl,

It worked just now for me on the first time too in quite a while.

Maybe all I have to do to fix an annoying issue with Google is b!tch about it here?

NO WAIT, IT'S A SIGN!!! :anim-smile:

I wish I understood more about computers and the internet.

Two times over the last two days I've googled "Jeff Sjolander" and not a single GSC thing came up on the list. This forces me to change my facebook profile because I tell folks who see my facebook page to just google my name.

Even though sometimes computers are completely quirky with this type of stuff I can not help but wonder what is really going on. But after consideration it seems unlikely that anyone at google would deliberately interfere with the normal results of a google search.

I am completely unqualified to know the difference between deliberate interference and network quirkiness.

But after consideration it seems unlikely that anyone at google would deliberately interfere with the normal results of a google search.

It's constantly interfered with according to their own discretion.

Which includes "adsense" and google services used by the sites.

Google pioneered search results based on criteria of their own choosing.

Tell your friends to put your name in quotation marks-"Jeff Sjolander".

And add Facebook to the search.

Edited by cman

The only thing I know for sure is that I don't know why. :(

Thank you Cman, but I'm going to try posting a link...something I recently learned to do via copy and paste. :)

Edited by JeffSjo