GreaseSpot Cafe

Federal Court Claims Right to Regulate Scripture Interpretation

James Trimm

Genuinly surprised?

Sheesh

He lies, passes himself off as a Doctor with no degree. steals others work and pretends he is an authority. He pretends he did all this translation, yet he doesn't know the language.

He is hand and glove with Rood.

I only wish the internet had been around when I got involved with The Way International I would have run the other direction.

For any one who hasn't gone to those links that Wordwolf posted at the beggining of this thread ... you should

IT is informative not just about Our lovely Mr Trimm but goes into detail on Wierwille too.

THey are surprisingly alike.

which makes me wonder.. *obviously* there is no money in it for twi.. in other words, a waste of "gawds abundance(?)".. the abs.

hire lawyers to claim rights for a largely ABANDONED work?

"well... he hurt ma FEELINGS..."

is about all I can see why they would pursue this nonsense..

sure, they have the rights and all..

its almost like.. someone going to court, challenging anothers attempt to patent a perpeptual motion machine, based on prior existence..

:biglaugh:

Genuinly surprised?

Sheesh

He lies, passes himself off as a Doctor with no degree. steals others work and pretends he is an authority. He pretends he did all this translation, yet he doesn't know the language.

He is hand and glove with Rood.

I only wish the internet had been around when I got involved with The Way International I would have run the other direction.

For any one who hasn't gone to those links that Wordwolf posted at the beggining of this thread ... you should

IT is informative not just about Our lovely Mr Trimm but goes into detail on Wierwille too.

THey are surprisingly alike.

"Hopefully adults know that a lot of what they read on the web is just

not right, and just not true. But kids don't know that, they read it and

think that it says it, it must be true. … There is no editor on the internet

so people can put stuff out there that is just absolutely drop dead wrong."

- Dr. Phil McGraw (Wed. 12-16-09)

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the

strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them

better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena,

whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives

valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is

not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually

strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great

devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows

in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he

fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall

never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor

defeat."

- Theodore Roosevelt quotes (American 26th US President (1901-09),

1858-1919)

Don't buy into internet conspiracy theories. Don't buy into the internet equivalent of tabloids.

BTW I have never even met Michael Rood.

I have been accused of having purchased my doctorate from a diploma mill. This is totally false. I earned my degree from St. John Chrysostom Theological Seminary.

Although this was a non-accredited seminary, it is not unusual for Seminaries not to be accredited. Such important figures as Dr. Walter Martin have had doctoral degrees from non-accredited institutions. Many Seminaries choose not to be accredited, because accreditation essentially means government regulation (and the government has no business regulating Seminaries). Generally what are considered “real” accreditation agencies are those recognized by the Department of Education, and those that are not, are often labeled “accreditation mills”. This for a Seminary to be accredited, it must be regulated indirectly by the government.

St. John Chrysostom (now defunct) was not a Diploma Mill. I did not “purchase” my degree, in fact, I was on a 100% scholarship and never paid one penny to the Seminary. The Seminary ended operations in either 1995 or 1997 after its more than 20 year history.

Saint John Chrysostom Theological Seminary was exempted from the State of New Mexico Higher Education Regulations for degree granting and course requirements, due to its religious (to wit: church) status. New Mexico by virtue of exemption and the Religious-Nonprofit status did not disallow or disapprove of the Seminary to operate and function as a authentic ministry of the Catholic Apostolic Church in North America. New Mexico did not prohibit nor approve of theological degrees based on the separation of Church and State issue prevalent at that time. Contrary to claims by slanderers Saint John Chrysostom Theological Seminary never offered anything other than Theological degrees anywhere.

Edited by James Trimm

The only claim to fame here.. for da way at least.. they own the world's first IBM selectric typeball with Aramaic letters on it..

yeah, I paid for that..

About two days ago, I was walking down the hall.. they were painting offices in the building.. and stuff from one office was waiting in the hall, for the office to be painted.. lo and behold.. there was a *real* genuine IBM selectric machine..

no kidding..

so I had to stop and look at it. The secretary across the hall, scurried out of the office (probably afraid I'd do "something" to it..)

I said.. "does somebody actually STILL use this? I haven't seen one for YEARS.."

apparently there is only one other on campus. They use it for spare parts..

I said.. "well, I learned how to type on something like that, without the motors and all.."

"me too.."