GreaseSpot Cafe

Post Mortem of The Way International

JeffSjo

These conditions led to an exreemely emaciated and wasting away reality while they console themselves with delusions of granduer.

Preservation society comes to mind.

The way international that once was a multi-campus, air plane owning, many many thousand strong ministry is dead. In it's place is a little ole' preservation society, dedicated to all things wierwille and maintianing how we did things in the past. It's on life support for sure but will remain in some form into the foreseeable future.

I'm sure that as long as there are some good hearted and stubborn folks who buy the Wierwille myth there will be a preservation society of sorts.

But in the case of The Way itself becoming a preservation society of sorts it seems certain that those top dogs will just have a paper thin venere of good intentions in place at best. IMO it is more like a "sell them, abuse them, and use them up society.

I feel compassion for the good hearted ones and am expecting the worst consequences for the corrupt ones.

But IMO all the good hearted people in the world can't change what The Way International really is anymore. Any effort now is a waste of their time.

I just said this down in "doctrinal".

No matter what our personal references are for relating to this life I think it is ok that both you and I can acknowledge that some things that happen are ugly and monstrous. Some of my fellow Christians seem unable to deal with ugly and monstrous honestly, but being human and all themselves I wouldn't take it upon myself to shove there noses in uuuugly and say, "Look at it" or anything. Life itself has a way of making us face the uuugly things in it's own time.

But as it applies to this thread, it has been a revelation for me to see the uuugly the The Way International really is.

It has been freeing to realize that even though I was wrong in giving so much of my heart and mind to The Way over most of my adult life that they never, ever were worthy to be anything that I centered my life, goals, and self-assessment around.

So in this case it seems pretty darn obvious to me that it is well overdue that I realize the Way for the uuugly that it really is.

Wierwille was NASTY, and tip-top leadership pretty much has put their own spin on his corruption.

IMO all the good hearted and well intended religious cliches will not change what The Way International really is, it's been nasty from the beginning.

It has been freeing to realize that even though I was wrong in giving so much of my heart and mind to The Way over most of my adult life that they never, ever were worthy to be anything that I centered my life, goals, and self-assessment around.

Your post got me wondering...does anyone ever grow old and live out their life as a happily tithing member of TWI? One would think, by reading this forum, that everyone leaves after a while -- be it 10, 20 or 30 years.

Your post got me wondering...does anyone ever grow old and live out their life as a happily tithing member of TWI? One would think, by reading this forum, that everyone leaves after a while -- be it 10, 20 or 30 years.

It seems likely to me Soul Searcher that unless one is completely corrupted and blinded by The Way International's methods that people can not and will not be allowed to stick around.

Unless someone happenes to have leverage as in, "I have dirt I can dish on The Way" it doesn't seem likely that anybody would be allowed to stick around either. But that would only make them another monkey in The Way barrel, y'know?

Except maaaaybe for those few who it would have been bad public relations to toss aside, like possibly Mrs. VPW was, and they kept her pretty isolated from what I know.

This one I just posted in "Doctrinal" but happen to like how it applies here.

And as I expressed before, I generally speaking don't choose to force people to look at ugly realities, they will have to soon enough as long as they keep breathing. The single notable exeption as it pertains to reality here at The Greasespot is that many of us are in various stages of recognizing "The Way" for what it really was and I see great potential for good in that realization, but it is still not anything with which I take any kind of glee in and constantly hope to find a good balance between reality and care for the individual.

But as concerning the folks who have been hurt the worst I can feel downright angy. Sometimes for even just the possible benefit of comforting their hearts I will as some say, go to far. But from my persective as their hurts are real and the damage has been devastating to many I mostly worry about not having gone far enough.

They have kids, raised in twi, who take the classes as new students. That's who is attending the classes.

that is how classes were run in our area. Twi significantly underestimates Generation Y.

"Generation Y is much less likely to respond to the traditional command-and-control type of management still popular in much of today's workforce," says Jordan Kaplan, an associate managerial science professor at Long Island University-Brooklyn in New York. "They've grown up questioning their parents, and now they're questioning their employers. They don't know how to shut up, which is great, but that's aggravating to the 50-year-old manager who says, 'Do it and do it now.' " USA Today.

There will be the slow few who put up with bs for years but the majority will not put up with stuff.

Apes and Peacocks!

I get the "Solomon" reference, but I don't understand the post Gen-2.

that is how classes were run in our area. Twi significantly underestimates Generation Y.

"Generation Y is much less likely to respond to the traditional command-and-control type of management still popular in much of today's workforce," says Jordan Kaplan, an associate managerial science professor at Long Island University-Brooklyn in New York. "They've grown up questioning their parents, and now they're questioning their employers. They don't know how to shut up, which is great, but that's aggravating to the 50-year-old manager who says, 'Do it and do it now.' " USA Today.

There will be the slow few who put up with bs for years but the majority will not put up with stuff.

Well, Hooray for generation Y then. :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

Sheesh....Wayfers I believe have been led to believe that such kids are of the devil. How pathetic is that?