GreaseSpot Cafe

Do you owe The Way International "back tithing?"

OldSkool

I agree one's personal finances are hmmm, "personal". So I have a couple questions (which may be in the doc's and I missed it):

1. How did the Way know about these settlements to begin with? Was it common knowledge and publicly known what had happened and how it was being handled? I assume it was but wonder if anyone knows how the details were known by others....?

socks, when Forehead made up the "no debt policy" it was right before bringing all the Way Corps on to field staff, which happened for 3 years. There was large scale persecution surrounding this for a number of reasons. People were being dropped right and left from the Corps if they had any debt. And as it progressed, they stopped allowing twig coordinators having any either, and made it a requirement for the Adv. Class. It still is.

Also during the Forehead's reign it was taught to the Corps to "dig in" to people's finances. Sit down with people in debt and help them figure out a budget. I never did comply with any of that but just instead showed an example of a budget book for instance. But many of the Gestapo like corpse would dig themselves very deeply into people's personal finances and require that they show them details. Peeler obviously was in an area with somebody like that. Some of those type of people you could not tell "it's none of your business" as that would incense them.

2. If Peeler disagreed with the Way's advice/coercion on the matter of tithing why did he comply? Or is it that he agreed at the time he complied and then disagreed later?

At the time he complied due to intense pressure from leadership. And later regretted it.

If someone says "do that and I won't be your friend anymore"....you have to make a decision. If you have to go ahead with what you're doing you're going to be less one friend. That's hard but that's the way it goes, if you need to do what you're doin' and there's no way to work it out.

I know all of this isn't that simple but it does apply IMO as a general rule of thumb and always has. Choices have to be made.

If you said: "God won't bless you and you can't come to fellowship or take our classes" if I don't do such and such.....

Fine. That sux, not because I can't come or take, but because you're going to be such a dik about it all. But fine.

you have no idea of the amount of pressure that was brought to bear. especially when the Way was an employer as well as a "spiritual leader". the threat of being fired and having long gaps in the resume working for the Way has for a long time and still very much keeps people in the chains of bondage and prevents them from leaving.

this type of pressure spills down and people come down on those under them. it really does take something very shocking and extreme to shake someone out of this and stand up for themself.

Anyone who was "tithing" money to the Way to get things back from them was giving for the wrong reason anyway, same thing for the Way collecting "tithes" on their own behalf.

It's like with Donna M. going on years ago about the people killed in that plane crash and taking it back to blame the father who'd left The Way. Come on - sure there's some who believe that but across the board there's been very few instances of those kinds of things befalling those who left the Way during the time when her husband had degenerated into a wad of used gum who couldn't keep it in the wrapper anymore.

donna is not the same. she's screwed over enough people personally to have a seared conscience along with her little president lover.

Unfortunately she's the one who got screwed, not me (figuratively speaking it would appear) - She lost her husband, family and any sense of self-respect that might have come to her in her later years. Everyone knows now what was going on between her and Craig at that time and it's not a pretty picture once you think about it a little - so she would be far better off focusing on the home front and family instead of pointing blame.

They on the other hand - Donna M, Rozary, the rest of the clan are all looking kind of sickly, pale and pudged out, ankles the size of logs and feet like pineapples. Age comes to us all but dang - I'd think all of that protection and blessing would produce a product that would present itself a little better than what I see on their website. No offense intended - I'm no Sean Connery here but I do think it would make their case much stronger if they could point to themselves in all humility and say "See? Good things do happen if you stand with the Way's Word."

I mean, really - where's the witness?

the real witness is right here at Greasespot. that's only a false witness, front and portrayal that exists on their website and among their corporate "bless-speak".

I should talk. But then I'm not making myself out to be anything other than exactly what I am, and I don't promise anything if you give me money either, least of all the privilege of being able to come to my house so you can give me more while I bore you to diahrea with regurgitated tripe.

Well, there is eternal happiness and a big stack, but that's for the few who respond when I make it available. Not to worry, another Season of Giving Love-Bucks to Socks is scheduled for the fall. Start saving now to guarantee a good spot in line.

yeah, you're a good dude like many are here. and we're a lot more honest not having to spit nickels like monkeys when the organ grinder cranks the wheel now that we are no longer under the false authority of TWI.