GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI Settles Suit against Trimm

James Trimm

This reminds me of a humorous moment from my deposition. The subject of Watchman Fellowship had come up. (I wrote some articles for Watchman Fellowship back in 1993 and one of their researchers had written me a letter we were discussing.

Q. What's Watchman Fellowship?

A. I'm sure The Way International is very familiar with Watchman Fellowship.

Q. Just tell me what it is please.

A. They're an anti-cult watch group.

Q. What does that mean?

A. That means that they actively seek to alert the mainline Christian community about groups that they consider para Christian cults, ranging from the Mormons to the Jehovah's Witnesses to The Way International.

Egads...that's classic! And oh how they love to say they are no longer considered a cult by a similar (if not the same) group that was absorbed by Scientology. Let's ignore everyone else, that's just the debil.

And another classic moment:

Q. [Colombo] I notice also looking at this transcript that unlike any other transcript I've ever seen, it doesn't say when you took any of the courses; is that correct?

A. [Trimm] I can't testify as to what you've seen.

Edited by James Trimm

Q. [Colombo] I notice also looking at this transcript that unlike any other transcript I've ever seen, it doesn't say when you took any of the courses; is that correct?

Haha - We could expand upon this.

Q. In comparison to this transcript, let's have a look at the one provided by TWI for the "college degree" they confer upon their Way Corps granduates. What do you see?

A. Air. There is no transcript available at all.

Q. Well in all fairness, let's compare this transcript with the one obtained by TWI's founding president, VPW.

A. That one's never been found either. Maybe Mrs. VPW stashed the schedule of "paper deadlines" that the corrsepondance college maintained.

Haha - We could expand upon this.

Q. In comparison to this transcript, let's have a look at the one provided by TWI for the "college degree" they confer upon their Way Corps granduates. What do you see?

A. Air. There is no transcript available at all.

Q. Well in all fairness, let's compare this transcript with the one obtained by TWI's founding president, VPW.

A. That one's never been found either. Maybe Mrs. VPW stashed the schedule of "paper deadlines" that the corrsepondance college maintained.

ROFL!!! :biglaugh::eusa_clap::anim-smile::eusa_clap::anim-smile: