GreaseSpot Cafe

Which Way?

God first

thanks James Trimm

can you read?

because what the verse says John 18:38 Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all."

Pilate said is truth and Jesus Christ him not

this verse is about Pilate question Jesus

this verse is about Pilate understanding of truth

it does say whether Pilate was right or not

it does not matter

it was just telling a part of a story

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Does it matter what Pilate said or thought?

Scripture tells us the answer to the question "What is truth?"

The Torah is truth, all of the commandments are truth (Ps. 119:142, 151)

The basic concept is...

Concepts abound...im wondering about actual lifestyles, practices...and otherwise demonstrable results that live up to what is being said and claimed about "Essenes" here and throughout history.

Honestly...if you are going to spend this much time writing all this stuff...can you at least say why your message is so supreme in the bloody red here and now? Can you use words to describe what your Torah looks like in life besides words about words about words about words?

Most anyone here can Google the world these days and find a garden of modern day "Essene" claims and interpretations. Care to say anything about how your concept fits or relates to that picture?

Seems some Essenes quite easily agree that the Way, the Torah, the Tao, the Middle Way, the Golden Mean, Higher Laws and Dharmas and such are all pointing in the same general direction...and we do well not to look only at the finger of God and miss the way the word of God is pointing...and i simply cant help but agree.

Edited by sirguessalot

Concepts abound...im wondering about actual lifestyles, practices...and otherwise demonstrable results that live up to what is being said and claimed about "Essenes" here and throughout history.

Honestly...if you are going to spend this much time writing all this stuff...can you at least say why your message is so supreme in the bloody red here and now? Can you use words to describe what your Torah looks like in life besides words about words about words about words?

Most anyone here can Google the world these days and find a garden of modern day "Essene" claims and interpretations. Care to say anything about how your concept fits or relates to that picture?

Seems some Essenes quite easily agree that the Way, the Torah, the Tao, the Middle Way, the Golden Mean, Higher Laws and Dharmas and such are all pointing in the same general direction...and we do well not to look only at the finger of God and miss the way the word of God is pointing...and i simply cant help but agree.

By Essenes I spoke of the ancient Essenes not any of the modern New Age groups identifying themselves as Essenes.

As Nazarenes we are Torah Observant. The word Torah is generally translated as "law" but really means "guidance or instruction".

We keep the Seventh Day Sabbath from sundown Friday until sundown Saturday. We eat kosher. We keep the Biblical Jewish feasts and abstain from Pagan holidays and practices.

In effect we practice Judaism with the inclusion of Yeshua as the Jewish Messiah of Judaism.

God first

thanks James Trimm

reading is one thing but understanding is another

but you seem not to read right

because if matter who speaking

you quoted John 18:38 to show your great understanding because you wanted us to how wise you are

like I said about myself I am a fool but I prove you are a fool too

the wise man saying his heart "there no God" but fool saying in his heart there a God

who was first shall be last and who was last shall be first

i tell you a mystery

I speak truth by my lies

God first

thanks Todd

good to see you Todd

Edited by year2027

Simply put, sin is falling short of observing the Torah. As the Tanak says:

And if any one sin, and do any of the things which YHWH has commanded not to be done, though he know it not, yet is he guilty, and shall bear his iniquity.

(Lev. 5:17 HRV)

But Yahu took no heed to walk in the Torah of YHWH, the Elohim of Yisra’el, with all his heart; he departed not from the sins of Yarov’am, with which he made Yisra’el to sin.

(2Kings 10:31 HRV)

With my whole heart have I sought You; O let me not err from Your commandments.

Your word have I laid up in my heart, that I might not sin against You.

(Ps. 119:10-11 HRV)

When we apply this understanding to the teachings of Yeshua, we find that Yeshua came to bering an end to Torah violation:

And on the day that followed, Yochanan saw Yeshua, who was walking toward him, and said, Behold, the lamb of Eloah who takes away the sin of the world.

(Jn. 1:29 HRV)

If I had not come and spoken to them they would not have had sin. But now they have no cause for their sin.

(Jn. 15:22 HRV)

Edited by James Trimm

When we apply this understanding to the teachings of Yeshua, we find that Yeshua came to bering an end to Torah violation:

Well I suppose that's one way to put it. I'm not so sure that's the best way to communicate that He came to make available the new birth, wherewith the law is written in a man's heart and not just on the scrolls. Romans is an interesting piece of work there in that respect. Think of the audience.

By Essenes I spoke of the ancient Essenes not any of the modern New Age groups identifying themselves as Essenes.

As Nazarenes we are Torah Observant. The word Torah is generally translated as "law" but really means "guidance or instruction".

We keep the Seventh Day Sabbath from sundown Friday until sundown Saturday. We eat kosher. We keep the Biblical Jewish feasts and abstain from Pagan holidays and practices.

In effect we practice Judaism with the inclusion of Yeshua as the Jewish Messiah of Judaism.

thanks for the clarifications, James

good luck

Well I suppose that's one way to put it. I'm not so sure that's the best way to communicate that He came to make available the new birth, wherewith the law is written in a man's heart and not just on the scrolls. Romans is an interesting piece of work there in that respect. Think of the audience.

Actually they had the Torah in their hearts in so-called "Old Testament Times". In Deut. 6:6 and 11:18 one is commanded in the Torah to have the Torah in ones heart:

And these words which I command you this day, shall be upon your heart.

(Deut. 6:5 HRV)

Therefore shall you lay up these, My words, in your heart and in your soul. And you

shall bind them for a sign upon your hand, and they shall be for frontlets between your

eyes.

(Deut. 11:18 HRV)

Edited by James Trimm