GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI Reality

JavaJane

TWI's version of reality is anything but reality.

When I left, my "reality" completely crumbled. It left me devastated. I had been living in a dream world for my ENTIRE adult life.

TWI's version of reality says things are black and white, good and bad, nothing inbetween (except the difference between "good" and "best")

TWI's version of reality says things are better "in the walls of Zion."

TWI's version of reality has an adversary that will attack and kill you if you leave TWI.

TWI's version of reality says you will be possessed if you don't "control your thinking" to be within the guidelines of "the Word."

TWI's version of reality talks about a loving God, but they know nothing about real love.

TWI's version of reality has a president and a BOD that are "spiritually responsible" for us.

LIES, LIES, LIES.

Actual reality is:

There are a lot of colors in this world, everything is not black and white... Things are not so simple.

TWI is not "Zion"... if you got out more, you could see that. And it's pretty nice outside those walls - a lot less bondage.

I left TWI, and so did a lot of other people. God blessed us, and we are still alive and kicking.

You will not be possessed if you decide to think outside of TWI's rules. Thinking for yourself is a wonderful thing - they don't want you to do it because if you start thinking, you will see your prison.

If you want to know about real love, read the Gospels and learn about Jesus Christ. Be kind to people. Be kind to yourself. Love God and your neighbor as yourself... Love does not mean jumping on someone when they sneeze the wrong way.

Rosalie and company have NO POWER outside TWI. They have no power over you unless you give it to them. And only you are responsible before God for yourself. Anything else is horse$h!+.

I voted myself off the island... or farm....or camp or whatever it was.

Seriously, there is definitely a sub culture where they have their own cliche based language, own interpretation of the world that is neither biblical or reality based, own interpretation of the Bible that is more like a smörgåsbord of doctrines that suited Victor Paul Wierwille's ends, and they have their own version of the new man. Instead of the living, active head of the body being the new man that is put on in righteousness and holiness we have a ministry that emulates it's leaders starting with the impression of Victor Paul Wierwille.