GreaseSpot Cafe

Is The Heart Of A Murderer All Evil Or Does It Have A Good Side Too

Since I know you like movies, here's a question: Lennie Small, from Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men" -- evil or not evil?

How about George?

I still think that someone who is mentally handicapped can still reason and distinguish the difference between right and wrong. In this case killing someone. There as those deemed dangerous to others who carry higher risks of murdering. I hope that those types are locked up and not among us inside mental institutions. But the Lenny Smalls, Karl Childers characters portrayed in movies had the capacity for knowing right from wrong. They chose wrong.

Maybe it's like whoever said that it is a matter of being "temporarily inhabited" by an evil spirit. Lenny was harmless most of the time but dangerous when angry.

Wierwille only used the "temporary" thing to explain O.T. events. His take on possession, in modern times, was that, once they're in there, there are only two things that can remove them, casting out in the name of Jesus Christ and/or an abundance of "The Word" in the person's constant thoughts (ie: renewed mind).

I guess those old spirits weren't quite as tough in O.T. times. <_<

Edited by waysider

I have known people who have known people who have been close to others who have been murdered. It breaks a family apart. It leaves scars for the rest of people's lives.

I hope the boy is somehow alive too excathedra.

Edited by Human.

Edited by Human without the bean

Personally, I think the Advanced Class was a load of horse crap. But, for the sake of establishing a point of reference, here is some background on what was presented in the class.

Page 19 ( ©1971)

(a) Natural man of just body and soul would not murder.

(b) Spiritual man of body, soul and spirit would not murder.

(c ) Thus, one in whom a spirit of murder dwells is the only one who would murder.

I agree with you waysider the AC was full of it. I'm not necessarily opposed to using the wierwolf diatribe for the discussion. I just don't want it to be a biblical battle with epic proportions in terms of a murderers mind.

There are all sorts of crimes and civil suits that have statutes of limitation on them but murder is not one of them. Hiding a corpse, not allowing closure for years or even decades for the victim's family is a hideous act. Human life really can't be replaced making it impossible to put a monetary value on it.

Selfishly going about your life and just not killing again doesn't make up for the human life you took. Running to confess when the body is found shows no remorse.

I couldn't agree with you more Ductape! A crime (murder) against another human who breathes the same air as you do is heinous and despicable.

Edited by Human without the bean