GreaseSpot Cafe

New Forum Features

GT

Apparently the tweak I put in caused all the poster information on the left of each post to be hidden in IE.

May take me a few to track down exactly how to get IE to behave. In the mean time, there are 4 other free browsers out there that work perfectly (Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and Opera)

Also, switching back to the old look should correct the issue also. You can do so at anytime using the drop-down list on the lower left of any page in the forums. Select "IP.Board" for the old one, "Light" for the new one.

Yep...firefox works just fine...

New feature, down at the bottom of the forum index in the active users section is a new one titled "active users in the Chat Room."

This feature has been missing for awhile, mostly because I just figured out how to write a custom one for our IRC based chat room.

Anyway, if you go into the chat room, your ID will be listed there. If you leave, you ID should be removed in under a minute (most likely sooner).

Much easier to tell if someone is in there to talk with before loading the java app.

And since we disabled being able to up-vote your own post, all past self-up-votes have just been deleted.

:biglaugh:

well, it's interesting that cyberspace has an account of who voted for whom..

sorry, its just an observation here..

Yes, we did turn off being able to up-vote a user's own posts. Doesn't make sense to have that and some people were getting a bit zealous doing it. :rolleyes:

ha.. *some of us* were unemployed for more than a few months. I.E.. bored.. nothing better to do..

hey.. have to love yourself before you can do much good anywhere else ya know..

zealous

"obsessed" might be a better description..

so.. all of those "ups" one previously bestowed on oneself (I'm not admitting to whom.. I know NOTHING..)

once they are nullified.. is one free to bestow them on someone else?

Edited by Ham