GreaseSpot Cafe

Goodbye

OperaBuff

Wanted to take a minute to say thank you for this site. I think. Or not. I'm not sure. Being in the Way and/or being an ex-Wayer way is a bit like riding a rocket. If you can hold on and sit on the rocket nose, it's a helluva ride. If you slip off, you are likely to get thumped by one of the rocket fins and wind up gasping for air in the exhaust plume.

That is quite possibly the worst analogy ever drawn in the history of goodbyes. But you know what I mean.

I said some things in these forums that I didn't mean. I sometimes lied. What's worse, I failed to say some things in these forums that I should have said. Things like how much I love all of you people. Things like how I would not trade my time and memories in the Way for anything. I wouldn't even trade the uglier memories for anything. Who can forget the thrill of riding on a hot rocket?

OK, the more I use that analogy the worse it gets. Sorry.

Much to my surprise, I've been looking for a church or fellowship to join lately, but with no success. Tried CFF, but no joy. I just can't stomach regular churches. What are they doing with those PowerPoint projections above the altar and some sucky rock band plunking away up on the stage? What is this, grade school? Blech.

Anyway, thanks Paw It's been great. It's been awful. I love you all. We will meet again, and there will be no more pain. xxoo.

I always looked forward to your posts and enjoyed the brief conversations we had in the chat room.

Oh, and I found it ironically amusing when I discovered that TWI sent you out WOW to a city that I had just left, a city that was already a hot bed of Way activity. Well, maybe my sense of humor is twisted.

Edited by waysider

OperaBuff. I found I enjoyed church more when I wasn't looking for what I could get but what I could give. And I can always pray for these people. These are people that we will be spending eternity with, and perhaps our prayers will help someone(s) overcome something or do something better than if we weren't there. Maybe someone in that "sucky" band would get closer to the Lord and our prayers would help lift him/her up into the heavenlies and he/she would bring back more heavenly music into the place. I trust that, like Aaron and Hur held up Moses' arms so that the battle could be victorious, our prayers will help hold up others' hands and our battle against the devil (which we all struggle against) will be likewise victorious.

• 1 month later...

OperaBuff. I found I enjoyed church more when I wasn't looking for what I could get but what I could give. And I can always pray for these people. These are people that we will be spending eternity with, and perhaps our prayers will help someone(s) overcome something or do something better than if we weren't there. Maybe someone in that "sucky" band would get closer to the Lord and our prayers would help lift him/her up into the heavenlies and he/she would bring back more heavenly music into the place. I trust that, like Aaron and Hur held up Moses' arms so that the battle could be victorious, our prayers will help hold up others' hands and our battle against the devil (which we all struggle against) will be likewise victorious.

Thanks for that Kit. I've long had trouble figuring out how "taking good care of myself" (which I do) and "thinking of others first" (which I try to do) go together, in a practical sense. One answer for me is sharing, I truly do love giving to people. When I go to a church, my expectation is to receive. Maybe I need to change that. Thanks.

Thanks for that Kit. I've long had trouble figuring out how "taking good care of myself" (which I do) and "thinking of others first" (which I try to do) go together, in a practical sense. One answer for me is sharing, I truly do love giving to people. When I go to a church, my expectation is to receive. Maybe I need to change that. Thanks.

Sorry I couldn't get to know you, might have my user name; beware of that spirit teaching of man, VeePee took us ride on that spirit train, but VeePee also taught us how to get off that spirit junk, Martindale was the one to do that, move the body in a new direction, but he wanted to dance? Take care, beware of that spirit teaching in the air.

Praying with you and for you for increased relationship with the Lord, which is the best of all. With your hand in His, He will be able to lead you into that closer walk with Him.

My best friend and husband is just now being confirmed in Catholic faith. We have both found that Catholic church is a good place for us. Everytime you go into church and frequently during the service one's attention is drawn to that One who suffered and died for us (encourages humiity). So many things nice there.

In Jesus' precious name I pray you find what you are looking for and the peace of the Lord Jesus be with you always.

p.s. the door of this place swings both ways and you are always welcome at the Cafe (as long as Pawtucket is keeping the doors open that is :) )

Edited by Kit Sober