GreaseSpot Cafe

Pose A question?

When it came to~The Rolling Stones ~ I never was interested that much in their music. Kind of a beatles rebel I guess. But, now especially because I hear so much of their music today on the radio, I think it's time to get into~The Stones~music, so I wanted to know what album I should buy? (I don't steal music).

I did buy Sticky Fingers, (didn't everybody) a long time ago. I need someone's opinion who is a real RS's fan to steer me in the right direction and bring out the best of their music so that I can enjoy ~The Rolling Stones~ and their music.

Is their early stuff as good as when they were in their prime? "I cant' get no, Satisfaction".

Or are songs like Gimme Shelter and Street Fighting Man the real nitty gritty of this rock n' roll icon group?

I was thinking about buying Let It Bleed.

Let me just say, I have a good variety of music in my collection. From Beatles to Creedence. Skynard to Led Zeppelin. I was blind to Bob Dylan until 10 years ago and now I own about 20 of his albums. Bob Marley, and The Traveling Wilbury's (some of your guys may know that about me), are staples I listen to a lot. Really nothing like Rock' N' Roll is there?

I just feel like something is missing from my music because I really don't know a lot about them and I would like to start listening to their music.

Do tell! :B) Let me know, I just got paid.

Edited by Human without the bean

Sorry, not a big enough Stones fan to answer your question.

If you don´t find one, here´s my suggestion....

Go to wikipedia or wherever and get a playlist of one album.

Then go to Youtube and listen to a version of each song if you can find one.

Repeat the process, then select the album you like best from among what you heard.

Sorry, not a big enough Stones fan to answer your question.

If you don´t find one, here´s my suggestion....

Go to wikipedia or wherever and get a playlist of one album.

Then go to Youtube and listen to a version of each song if you can find one.

Repeat the process, then select the album you like best from among what you heard.

Yeah. I'm doing that WW. What I'd like to know is does anyone have a suggestion as to some sort of progression into their music that I might find eye popping or, revolutionary, and I might get to know them better. I've found that the good artist's are good in their debut and continue into the prime years.

I'm still lookin for any ideas worth sharing. I forgot I do own another album from ~the stones~: FLOWERS. It's got early songs like Mother's Little Helper, Let's Spend the Night Together, and Ruby Tuesday on it. I was checking out some of their stuff. I think I like their early music better.